U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:24 PM

722 posts, read 1,534,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do see what the OP is saying.
But 30 being old pertains more to women more than men.
Most men make it seem like if a woman is 30 she is old and washed up.
Look at all the men in the relationship forum who won't date 30+ year old women.
But,I only have saw this type of thinking on CD,in the relationship forum.

Yes, but it is different on real dating sites and in the real world. I wouldn't call City-data's relationship forum representative of anything real. I've noticed the few people who actually post on there are just world class a-holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 12:44 PM

11,686 posts, read 13,078,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
I am really sick of it!! These days it is not old or middle age. In the middle ages 18 was considered old. Women were expected to be married with children by 18 or they were considered an "old maid." Times change, lifespans go up, new technologies come along. People also learn to start taking care of themselves better. We are still largely living in the 19th century as a society and we really need to start working on some serious progress.
Anyone who is convinced age 30 is "old," is seriously mentally ill and should be avoided at all costs. Other than that warning it is a topic with zero merit.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:47 PM

40,900 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
My Aunt, who is turning 70 this year, used to work in one of those assisted living homes as an event planner. When she was in her early 60s. She was teaching everyone ballroom dancing, going to shows, going to the theater, etc.

She is super active, and regularly goes ballroom dancing to the theater and travelling all over the place. She even got remarried in her late 50s/early 60s. No need to slow down now. For her 70th she plans to go to Europe.

I want to be like her in my 60s!
She sounds fantastic! When I grow up I want to be like her too!

Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 PM

Pictures can speak a thousand words:

Old 09-02-2012, 06:33 PM

6,717 posts, read 11,166,301 times
30 = time to start thinking about marriage.. or is even that outdated?

Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 AM

722 posts, read 1,534,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
30 = time to start thinking about marriage.. or is even that outdated?
Actually it is. More and more people are putting off marriage and having kids these days. Some people don't even want to have kids. The baby boom generation was 60 years ago, this is 2012.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 AM

3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Actually it is. More and more people are putting off marriage and having kids these days. Some people don't even want to have kids. The baby boom generation was 60 years ago, this is 2012.
So someone who gets married and starts a family in their 20s is out-dated? Hypocrite.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:45 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,614,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
So someone who gets married and starts a family in their 20s is out-dated? Hypocrite.
A lot of people don't get married or start families in their 20s either, so I guess the same rule applies.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:52 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
A lot of people don't get married or start families in their 20s either, so I guess the same rule applies.
What rule? There are no rules dictating what age you're "supposed" to get married.

This guy is whining about feeling bound because of how other people view him, and then turns around and criticizes others because they don't make the same life choices he does. He's doing the same thing he's been endlessly complaining about in two different threads.

And I still want to know, so the fudge WHAT if someone thinks 30 is old or if everyone in the entire world thinks 30 is old? How does this change anything for you whatsoever?

Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
What rule? There are no rules dictating what age you're "supposed" to get married.

This guy is whining about feeling bound because of how other people view him, and then turns around and criticizes others because they don't make the same life choices he does. He's doing the same thing he's been endlessly complaining about in two different threads.

And I still want to know, so the fudge WHAT if someone thinks 30 is old or if everyone in the entire world thinks 30 is old? How does this change anything for you whatsoever?
Doesn't change a thing for this very active 50 year old woman! I couldn't care less if some punk somewhere thinks I'm old. I only hope they feel as great as I do when they are my age!

Heck, if they're sitting around playing video games for hours on end, and drinking and partying to excess every weekend, then I probably feel better than them most days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty