U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:10 PM

912 posts, read 1,189,818 times

Advertisements

I have skin-tone camisoles that I wear under my sheer/thin tops because it looks better than wearing white or black, but other than that, I agree.

The flesh-toned stretch pants mentioned above makes me think of a time I was out running errands and saw a woman wearing a pair plus this top that I can only describe as "lime green and flesh toned swirls" and all of the flesh tone shades matched her skin, so it looked like all she was wearing was random lime green swirls. It was so weird...I'm generally a fan of people wearing what they want to wear, the rest of the world be darned, but that actually made me want to ask her if she'd looked in a mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 08:54 PM

571 posts, read 947,208 times
Ha ha, this thread is perfect. I've been looking for brown skinny pant cords and the lady at the store suggested beige, but I said that wouldn't work because they'd make me look naked.

I have quite a few sheer blouses and lace tunics and I like pairing them with nude camisoles - they keep me nice and covered, but maybe people think I don't have anything underneath? I also have some spring dresses and I've been on the fence as to whether or not I should wear contrasting slips or just a nude slip (which I prefer, but again, could lead people to think I have nothing under.... )

Old 11-26-2013, 10:41 AM

2,635 posts, read 2,115,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Dudes don't have this problem since we don't wear such type of colored fabric. Additionally, Body hair serves a useful purpose sometimes and easily makes our clothes and skin distinguishable .

It is confusing sometimes when women do this though, especially in late fall when I start thinking which IDIOT would stand without a shirt on in 45 F weather, and then realize she has a warm sweater on as I get closer . Please back off from flesh colored clothes and don't foster a sense of resentment among those around you.
Uh, maybe the vast majority of Indian men are naturally hairy, but I don't know if that's true of any other ethnic group. I've been disturbed by men wearing flesh-colored clothing (and am not sure expected body hair would have made any difference).

Old 11-26-2013, 10:50 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,627,707 times
SO what you are saying, is something like this is a "don't??"

Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 AM

9,209 posts, read 18,049,326 times
Yes, outfits like that cause chain-reaction car accidents when they're out in public.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,706,474 times
That also falls under the "leggings are not pants" rule. Cover your butt, woman!

Old 11-26-2013, 12:18 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,526,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Uh, maybe the vast majority of Indian men are naturally hairy, but I don't know if that's true of any other ethnic group. I've been disturbed by men wearing flesh-colored clothing (and am not sure expected body hair would have made any difference).
Men's apparel usually is never sold in flesh colored clothes.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:13 PM

11,036 posts, read 6,574,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Men's apparel usually is never sold in flesh colored clothes.
Really, men don't wear khaki pants? The wrong shade could easily make a pair of pants look flesh colored. And I've seen plenty of men wearing tan/beige/brown shirts that look as if they aren't wearing a shirt from far away.

Something like these could easily blend in on someone with the right skin tone

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/t...%26slotId%3D58

Marc Anthony Cashmere Sweater - Big and Tall (The coloring on this one really should be called flesh)

Last edited by Sundaydrive00; 11-26-2013 at 03:38 PM..

Old 11-26-2013, 03:20 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
I'm not sure I've ever seen attire in my very pale skin tone.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:20 PM

9,209 posts, read 18,049,326 times
Sunday, The important thing is not just the color, but the piece of clothing being skin tight AND flesh-toned. No, a man wearing normal fitting khakis would never look naked, even if they perfectly matched his khaki skin.

Similarly, I have a big cozy sweater that's similar to my (pasty) skin tone. But it's huge, and no one would ever think I was topless at a distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or