Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 05:19 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times

Advertisements

I doubt it will make much difference. Personally, I'd be turned off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 08:45 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
I think I may be on to something here.I have brownish red hair but my eyebrows are almost invisible.Most of the good looking men I notice have darker very pronounced eyebrows that bring out the eyes and browline.Would darkening be a good idea ladies?

No. You would look like a psycho.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantcoffee View Post
As long as you don't have your brows too bushy or the dreaded 'monobrow', you are fine! Not all guys suit dark pronounced eyebrows! I am female- I know what I'm talking about!
This here is what guys should be doing.
If you have red/blonde hair, you want your eyebrows to match up.
What would you consider? Dark Eye brows with light hair? I am not a fashion expert, but I have read enough, and seen enough to know that light hair/dark brows doesn't look right.

Next time you go to a public setting, bar, mall, whatever, check out the guys mug. Most likely, unless the guy has bleached his original dark hair a lighter color, his eye brows will match the color of his hair.

Now, if you choose to dye your hair dark, then sure, consider darkening your brows to match. But, go to a salon and get it done right.
Some guys get them waxed if they are too thick. But, when guys get them waxed, women always can tell, and you are crossing into the metrasexual vibe there. Most women don't like it when men are more high maintainance then they are.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Seriously?

If you think your eyebrows are the primary barrier in attracting women, you have other issues you should be trying to correct first.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:08 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
I think I may be on to something here.I have brownish red hair but my eyebrows are almost invisible.Most of the good looking men I notice have darker very pronounced eyebrows that bring out the eyes and browline.Would darkening be a good idea ladies?
Hmm, so you are saying that you don't know any good-looking men with light eyebrows? I really doubt that.

I suppose the answer to your question depends on what kind of woman you are looking for. But for me as a woman, I'd be completely turned off by a man with fake eyebrows, whether penciled/tattooed/dyed. I will sometimes darken mine lightly with a pencil, but I am a woman---a man doing it just isn't attractive to me.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:09 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
It doesn't take rocket science or the need to be a specific gender to answer this. If you have brownish red hair, then that's the deck of genetic cards you were handed, so work with what you've got - more in the way of being in good shape, rather than the "metro" stuff like eyebrows, pedicures, etc.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:42 AM

442 posts, read 615,040 times
If they looked dyed then that would be more of a turnoff than anything.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:07 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
I'm with JJ, people don't realize what a difference eyebrows can make. If your eyebrows are thin or too close to your skin tone, you end up looking like He Who Must Not Be Named or a neanderthal. There's just something freaky about it.

But if I were you, I'd go to a salon and get them to do it, at least the first time or two. They'll be able to give you an idea of the best color for your hair and skintone. Many many people naturally have darker brows than their hair, so you won't necessarily stick out at someone with a weird dye job.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm with JJ, people don't realize what a difference eyebrows can make. If your eyebrows are thin or too close to your skin tone, you end up looking like He Who Must Not Be Named or a neanderthal. There's just something freaky about it.

But if I were you, I'd go to a salon and get them to do it, at least the first time or two. They'll be able to give you an idea of the best color for your hair and skintone. Many many people naturally have darker brows than their hair, so you won't necessarily stick out at someone with a weird dye job.
100% agree here. You just might need to go a couple shades up. Eyebrows are really face defining for men and omen. You just don't really notice it, but they can totally enhance your look.

Go for it. It is a cheap experiment.

Old 08-25-2012, 01:03 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
If they looked dyed then that would be more of a turnoff than anything.
This. It would look weird. Plus, he would have to keep doing it and she would eventually know what he really looks like. Kind of like waking up to some girl not wearing make-up. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 08-25-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty