U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Reputation: 3036

Advertisements

buffy the bod looks nasty..her butt is clearly a miracle of modern science and she looks like a freak show performer. I feel sorry for little girls who aspire to look like that by eating unhealthy food and avoiding the gym and even getting plastic surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
 
1,202 posts, read 1,524,045 times
Reputation: 818
Meh I'll retract the statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 09:51 PM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Yep. Just read another thread, where someone called Michelle Obama fat again, said she was 50 pounds overweight. Again, this is not something I've EVER heard a black person say....
I'm not sure you should be judging an entire race of people based on a single comment made by a single crazy person on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 09:55 PM
 
1,202 posts, read 1,524,045 times
Reputation: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm not sure you should be judging an entire race of people based on a single comment made by a single crazy person on the internet.
Truthfully whenever I've heard anyone call Michelle Obama fat it has always been from the mouth of a white person. Maybe it's ignorant of me to say that the majority of white folks feel that way, because I know they don't, so I'll retract the statement, however I will say that comments about Jessica Biel being big, Michelle Obama being fat, Kim K being fat-I just don't hear those statements from people of color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 10:04 PM
 
3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Truthfully whenever I've heard anyone call Michelle Obama fat it has always been from the mouth of a white person. Maybe it's ignorant of me to say that the majority of white folks feel that way, because I know they don't, so I'll retract the statement, however I will say that comments about Jessica Biel being big, Michelle Obama being fat, Kim K being fat-I just don't hear those statements from people of color.
I just think there's a big difference between what people say and what people type. The internet makes sane people write crazy things, things they would probably retract if questioned in person.

And all you need to do is reread some of that kitgirl's threads. She's a person of color and calls Kim Kardashian fat, flat out, and would probably say the same of Obama and Biel if questioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 10:05 PM
 
1,202 posts, read 1,524,045 times
Reputation: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
buffy the bod looks nasty..her butt is clearly a miracle of modern science and she looks like a freak show performer. I feel sorry for little girls who aspire to look like that by eating unhealthy food and avoiding the gym and even getting plastic surgery.
I've never thought she was attractive or desirable. She is fat to me. But I know that for some black men she has a good body. It just doesn't look right to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 10:10 PM
 
1,202 posts, read 1,524,045 times
Reputation: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I just think there's a big difference between what people say and what people type. The internet makes sane people write crazy things, things they would probably retract if questioned in person.

And all you need to do is reread some of that kitgirl's threads. She's a person of color and calls Kim Kardashian fat, flat out, and would probably say the same of Obama and Biel if questioned.
People have said things to this accord, to me, in person. I had quite a few of friends (who were of European descent) slip up and call someone fat, that anyone with sane eyes would just not consider big in any way. And unfortunately I actually do know people who have said to ME that Michelle Obama is overweight or fat.

You have a point about Kitgirl, because she is a person of color with a warped perception of weight. However she is not black (though she did create a bizarre thread asking if she could pass for a black girl). So I should specify that I've never heard a black person call Michelle, Kim K, Or Jessica Biel or anyone with those body frames fat.

However I will agree that the internet tends to bring out the crazies and that this isn't necessarily about race as much as people with clear issues regarding weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 01:11 AM
 
Location: Midwest
2,975 posts, read 4,268,427 times
Reputation: 1941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
buffy the bod looks nasty..her butt is clearly a miracle of modern science and she looks like a freak show performer. I feel sorry for little girls who aspire to look like that by eating unhealthy food and avoiding the gym and even getting plastic surgery.
You have nothing positive to say about any black women. All you do is trash them to make yourself feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Up North
3,404 posts, read 7,254,275 times
Reputation: 3036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You have nothing positive to say about any black women. All you do is trash them to make yourself feel better.

Since when is Buffy the Body the pillar of black beauty? She is pretty much a soft core porn actress. Yes, her butt looks weird because it's fake as hell. She is probably are size 4 with the ass of a size 16. She is talentless so why should I oooh and aww over her? I don't trash black women....but you try to make everyone here seem racist so I won't take this personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2012, 06:13 PM
 
Location: The Midst of Insanity
3,225 posts, read 6,124,373 times
Reputation: 3209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I don't think it was offensive, just really bizarre. I've never heard anyone refer to Biel as "big" before.And obviously you weren't saying she was fat, but you did say she was big which is far from the truth. I'd say she's average or "small", but certainly not big. She isn't thin either. But she actually looks thinner IMO Shakira or Beyonce. Her butt isn't big to me, maybe it's big for a white chick though.
I'm not American, so that may be why my perceptions are a little different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top