U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 PM

24,683 posts, read 43,116,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
If you're a guy and the only thing getting squeezed in skinny jeans is your leg, you may have a problem

If it's comfortable jeans you're looking for, look no further than pajama jeans: https://www.pajamajeans.com/
Lol...I can barely manage to pull them all on, but yes, that too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You stated the clearly obvious problem, you ain't as slim as you think you are, so man up and get the regular cut jeans.
I'm 175 cm and about 64 kg, and have pretty average to thin legs, so I don't think weight is a problem.

Either way i'm done with any type of jeans described as 'thin' let alone skinny.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM

4,187 posts, read 4,211,793 times
Yes, they are meant to be that uncomfortable. I'm 60 kg, lighter than you, and most of those skinny jeans I can wear but not casually. But I have to ask, why you do want to wear them? They don't look that good, in my opinion. Plus you're a guy (I'm guessing) so most women will be checking out your face, arms, chest, abs...then the rest of you. Generally speaking of course, before some lady posts how she checks out a guys foot size first :P

Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 AM

26,865 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Yes, they are meant to be that uncomfortable. I'm 60 kg, lighter than you, and most of those skinny jeans I can wear but not casually. But I have to ask, why you do want to wear them? They don't look that good, in my opinion. Plus you're a guy (I'm guessing) so most women will be checking out your face, arms, chest, abs...then the rest of you. Generally speaking of course, before some lady posts how she checks out a guys foot size first :P
Actually I check out legs and butt. Don't want them to be too skinny. I am into arms, shoulders/chest, legs....

Old 08-28-2012, 11:25 AM

4,187 posts, read 4,211,793 times
Haha, fair enough Jade, I reckon I wouldn't be your type then, I'm about as skinny as they come, Asian build and all. The advantage of that I guess is that I couldn't really put on a lot of weight even if I tried, which is pretty handy.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM

26,865 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Haha, fair enough Jade, I reckon I wouldn't be your type then, I'm about as skinny as they come, Asian build and all. The advantage of that I guess is that I couldn't really put on a lot of weight even if I tried, which is pretty handy.
Proportions are key. I hate when men go hardcore on working on their upper body, and forget the lower body completely. So their legs look like they will snap carrying all of the upper body weight.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:34 PM

I started a thread awhile ago 'do women only care about a man's torso/upper body?' A lot of women said no, but then again when you see pics of sexy or hot men it's usually focused on the torso, while for women it's the whole body. Why is that?

I don't really know why I wanted to, i guess i just wanted to try em out lol.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 PM

36 posts, read 137,946 times
Personally, i hate the skinny jeans look on guys but as a girl, i only wear skinny jeans. St first, I didnt like the idea but I tried them on once and thought they looked good on me and since Im petite I went for it. I actually wear one size bigger than my usualy size and thats coz I find them uncomfortable if I wear them for extended time leriod especially in this hot weather!
Just my opinion, the skinny jeans look better on "thin" people rather than those on the heavier side or even normal. It seems like they designed this concept bearing in mind those skinny and tall models rather than regular people.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 PM

3,067 posts, read 3,361,974 times
I'm quite slender as well (71kg, 183cm), and I find skinny leg jeans too uncomfortable to bother wearing. They might be OK if you have pencil-thin legs, I have relatively big thighs for my weight so that doesn't really help.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:49 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,999,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
i'm a guy, 26, and pretty slim...I like my clothes comfortable. Form-fitting and not too baggy, but comfortable...well i've tried wearing 'slim cut' jeans twice now and wow, when I finally manage to squeeze into them they like constrict my legs and it feels like I can hardly walk! Do they need 'stretching in' or are they really this uncomfortable? If so how do so many women and men put up with it? I see a lot of women wearing jeans that are so skin-tight, especially those women with thick thigh where the pant leg is squeezing their legs like sausage casing. Or those emo/hipster dudes who look like they're walking on skeletal stilts.

Call me one who will choose comfort over fashion 9 times out of 10. If I were a girl I doubt I'd wear heels.etc either.
Not sure what brand you tried, but there are subtle differences between "Skinny" and "Slim". See Jcrew for example as they have a 484 skinny line and slim straight line.
Men's Denim Jeans & Corduroy Pants - Men's Jeans, Denim & Men's Corduroys - J.Crew

Im a slim guy and I lean toward slim straight, so long the size fits me right. I used to wear relaxed and straight cuts in some brands but got rid of those because it felt like it had too much material. I tried skinny jeans and hated them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty