U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 10:52 AM

5,944 posts, read 3,064,093 times

Advertisements

I'm a guy and regular jeans usually don't fit right on me. Most of the time the crotch is too tight and the legs are huge. far from flattering.

I usually get slim fitting jeans because the fit is much more natural on me. My legs are quite thin but I do have some ass and hips, so something that gets thinner at the bottom fits me much better. Also, the crotch is usually lower so I have more room overall in the upper part.

Mind you I'm not talking about super skinny jeans, but about jeans that are a bit more form-fitting than what my dad would wear.

I'm glad slim fitting jeans have made a come back in the last 10 years because before that most jeans made me look fatter and shorter and usually were not really comfortable.

The worst period was in the early 2000s when boot cut jeans were the norm after baggy pants went out of fashion. They look good on tall thin people but otherwise I think they're hideous.

Everyone is shaped differently, just wear what is comfortable and looks good on you. There are no rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 12:04 PM

5,263 posts, read 2,874,948 times
Whatcha do is getcherself some of those pajama-jeans! They look just like real jeans! Well, okay, no, they don't.

I don't care for the skinny jeans look, personally. And they do look rather uncomfortable... binding around the nethers, if you know what I mean. No one needs that nonsense.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:04 AM

2,321 posts, read 2,678,441 times
I tried this whole skinny jean thing once. I was in the store and my normal size didn't make it up past my knee. The next waist size up was to my thigh, and the next size up from that made it almost all the way but my friends downstairs were being suffocated and they wouldn't go over my backside.

I'm by no means a large person, my waist is a 34 but I wear a 36 jean because I have what I like to call "man legs". Some people may remember them, they are thick and shaped instead of twiggy. Apparently the skinny jean is mean to be worn below your butt and you walk like a duck from what I've seen. I always want to run up to those people and push them over because chances are they cannot give chase. I'm not an old fogey (kids look that word up) only in my early 30's but I prefer cuts like the Blake from Express, a nice fitting boot cut. I also love Banana Republic denim, it lasts a very long time and still looks great.

Sorry skinny jeans a little to feminine for my taste but TETO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty