Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:44 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

i'm a guy, 26, and pretty slim...I like my clothes comfortable. Form-fitting and not too baggy, but comfortable...well i've tried wearing 'slim cut' jeans twice now and wow, when I finally manage to squeeze into them they like constrict my legs and it feels like I can hardly walk! Do they need 'stretching in' or are they really this uncomfortable? If so how do so many women and men put up with it? I see a lot of women wearing jeans that are so skin-tight, especially those women with thick thigh where the pant leg is squeezing their legs like sausage casing. Or those emo/hipster dudes who look like they're walking on skeletal stilts.

Call me one who will choose comfort over fashion 9 times out of 10. If I were a girl I doubt I'd wear heels.etc either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
i'm a guy, 26, and pretty slim...I like my clothes comfortable. Form-fitting and not too baggy, but comfortable...well i've tried wearing 'slim cut' jeans twice now and wow, when I finally manage to squeeze into them they like constrict my legs and it feels like I can hardly walk! Do they need 'stretching in' or are they really this uncomfortable? If so how do so many women and men put up with it? I see a lot of women wearing jeans that are so skin-tight, especially those women with thick thigh where the pant leg is squeezing their legs like sausage casing. Or those emo/hipster dudes who look like they're walking on skeletal stilts.

Call me one who will choose comfort over fashion 9 times out of 10. If I were a girl I doubt I'd wear heels.etc either.
The women's jeans tend to be super stretchy. The worst offenders are basically like running tights in terms of stretch level.

I haven't seen any men's jeans with as much stretch as my average pair of jeans has.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:58 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
What about those 'tights jeans', basically tights that have patterned denim to look like tight jeans lol.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:56 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
What about those 'tights jeans', basically tights that have patterned denim to look like tight jeans lol.
Heheheh! I know those are hilarious. And so many are way too thin.

I love skinny jeans, but first and foremost they need to be thick enough to be considered pants.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:55 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
I'm a fairly thin woman, and I HATE the "skinny" jeans feel....but I will never stop wearing heels!!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:

You're likely wearing the wrong size.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM

568 posts, read 962,019 times
Fashion is all about making money by changing the styles everyyear...confort has nothing to do with it. The new shoe syles are horrible...but the girls buy them and think they look so hot..talk about going backwards...gladilators(?) Inquisition torture devices???

Old 08-27-2012, 02:03 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
If you're a guy and the only thing getting squeezed in skinny jeans is your leg, you may have a problem

If it's comfortable jeans you're looking for, look no further than pajama jeans: https://www.pajamajeans.com/

Old 08-27-2012, 04:47 PM

80 posts, read 222,221 times
I wore skinny jeans in the 80's and never thought they were very comfortable then and that was before they made "stretch" jeans. I had a pair that was so tight on the ankle I had to wrestle them on. I was sooo happy when the boot cut came back around.

I haven't bought any skinny jeans this time around. I've tried them on but they don't do anything for my 30 something figure. I much prefer leggings with a tunic or long sweater.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:

You stated the clearly obvious problem, you ain't as slim as you think you are, so man up and get the regular cut jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty