U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 PM

2,176 posts, read 864,049 times

Advertisements

Kate Upton and Megan Fox-hot..... Kate Middleton and Taylor Swift-cute. There is also gorgous/beautiful and sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM

95 posts, read 163,641 times
Some guys are cute because they have perfect features but that makes them look feminine and unattractive like Jude Law, Robert Patterson? And Bratt Pitt

Old 02-21-2016, 09:00 PM

5,877 posts, read 3,153,208 times
Hot: Julieanne Hough and Kim Perry
Cute: Lucy Hale
Unattractive: Aidy Bryant

Old 02-22-2016, 08:13 AM

8,510 posts, read 11,393,776 times
Hot:
Nathalie Kelley
Amber Heard
Jessica Alba in her prime years

Cute:
Camilla Luddington
Christina Milian
Melissa Benoist

Unattractive:
Uma Thurman even in her younger days.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:15 AM

780 posts, read 464,364 times
I don't really have a celebrities in mind, but to me...

Hot - I'm sexually attracted to you
Cute - You have an adorable face, nice to look at, but not someone I'm necessarily attracted to
Unattractive - You have no special features or nothing exciting about you. I actually use this term to describe someone ugly, politely.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:27 AM

25,383 posts, read 24,162,302 times
This is sooooooooooo tough for me because so often, the two overlap.

For example, an adorable, cute "little boy" look plus shyness and the whole "I can't help but stare at you, JerZ" thing is SO DARNED HOT to me. Way hotter than the traditional "I do Crossfit and sweat testosterone" bit, actually. Makes me just wanna rip some buttons off with my teeth. Rawr.

But sometimes a total wh*re can seem hot to me as well. Like Henry Cavill's role in The Tudors. In that case it's the attitude, just a sexiness that comes out.

I don't normally think of a non-attractive (to me) cute guy as "cute" even if his features are quite normal and nothing really nasty is going on their either physically or personality-wise, I think of him as "nice" instead.

I am 100% sure none of that made sense, time for a second cup of coffee.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:35 AM

14,512 posts, read 11,495,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

For example, an adorable, cute "little boy" look plus shyness and the whole "I can't help but stare at you, JerZ" thing is SO DARNED HOT to me. Way hotter than the traditional "I do Crossfit and sweat testosterone" bit, actually. Makes me just wanna rip some buttons off with my teeth. Rawr.

But sometimes a total wh*re can seem hot to me as well. Like Henry Cavill's role in The Tudors. In that case it's the attitude, just a sexiness that comes out.

I don't normally think of a non-attractive (to me) cute guy as "cute" even if his features are quite normal and nothing really nasty is going on their either physically or personality-wise, I think of him as "nice" instead.

I am 100% sure none of that made sense, time for a second cup of coffee.
Henry Cavill or the part....I liked him in the Tudors too but the King was ok as well hahah.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:41 AM

25,383 posts, read 24,162,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Henry Cavill or the part....I liked him in the Tudors too but the King was ok as well hahah.
As I said, the part.

Although physically, just sitting there and not opening his mouth, yes, he's empirically very very handsome. But so was Rhys-Meyers who was NOT attractive to me in his role as Henry. (There you go, he's all yours! Have fun and be sure to send pics. )

Since handsomeness and attractiveness can be two different things, I was specifically speaking of this person in that particular role as my example of the rare occasion where a "ladies' man" is "hot" to me. As I said, usually I like more the actual "cute" (acting...but also looking doesn't hurt...not always necessary though) guys than the "le rawr, here I come" guys.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:46 AM

13,230 posts, read 11,768,860 times
Cute: Attractive face, average body
Hot: Attractive face, athletic body

I'm perfectly content with "cute" since even that can be hard to come by.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:41 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,566,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yep, and the best ones are the ones that have a lot of both. I'm trying to think of women that skew really hard towards one and away from the other:

Hot
pre-surgery Megan Fox
Estella Warren
Amber Heard

Cute
Natalie Portman
Emma Watson
Chloe Moretz

I think of "hot" as sultry, often Nordic features, longer hair...and I tend to think of "cute" as high cheekbones, younger. They're both equally attractive (at least that's how I use those adjectives), but in different ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty