U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 10:15 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times

Advertisements

Yesterday morning my SO and I were out and about after breakfast running errands. He is on vacation and we just got back from a trip. He asked if I had time and if I wanted to go to the barber shop with him as he needed a haircut. Why not, right?

So we went in and both thought there were quite a bit of people for a Thursday morning. I suppose there were 4 ahead of us and we just sat there and talked and watched people get their hair cut.

His barber called up a gentleman. He was a young white man with very short hair and a beard. I didn't really think he needed a hair cut, maybe just shape up the neck or something.

So usually when I go with him I just sit across and watch him get his hair cut and that is that.

This is not what happened with them. He sat in the chair and the barber started to ask him what he wanted. I think he wanted to talk, but he didn't. His girlfriend, a pretty young black woman dressed lovely. She had long hair and milk chocolate skin. She went up to the chair and started to tell the barber how she wanted his hair cut.

I watched and listened, and thought she was done. No. Then she told her how she wanted his beard done. The barber started cutting his hair and the gf went to the back and she was gone forever.

I would never ever ever do that. She came back after forever and went up to the chair. She pointed here and there and told her more of what to do.

Both the SO and I decided that she seemed like she was a bridezilla or something and he told me when we are getting ready to get married that I would do the same thing. I told him I didn't think so.

Ok, so it is now my SOs turn and the barber calls him up. I have already told him I wasn't sure if she would appreciate me going up and telling her what to do....

He sits in the chair and I walk toward them. She looks at me and points her clippers at me and says to him, "I suppose you girlfriend or wife is about to come up here and tell me how to cut your hair now..." Then she looks at me and says, "You can just go over there and have a seat this is a grown man."

I just started cracking up and went up there anyway. I told her the only thing I wanted to make sure of was that his neck was shaved.

It was a funny experience to say the least. When she was done I went up and pointed out three hairs she missed. She asked if the cut was ok, and I told her it was just fine.

Ladies and gentleman, do you do this? My bf tells me he doesn't want me to cut off my long hair, but he does not tell me what to do or order my stylist around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,613,930 times
I don't do this because I don't have a SO or kids, but she sounds like a bad stylist. She reminds me of those bad teachers kids always get in school.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
I don't do this because I don't have a SO or kids, but she sounds like a bad stylist. She reminds me of those bad teachers kids always get in school.
She is a great barber and we all joked around once the other couple left and she gave my SO a great haircut.

I was just wondering if anyone goes in and instructs the barber/stylist on how to cut their SOs hair. He did not say a word or speak up about how HE wanted his hair.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
She looks at me and points her clippers at me and says to him, "I suppose you girlfriend or wife is about to come up here and tell me how to cut your hair now..." Then she looks at me and says, "You can just go over there and have a seat this is a grown man."
I'm guessing she was just kidding when she said this? OR did you just laugh it off? You did go up and tell her how you wanted it done, so how are you any different from the first lady? Just because you had less input?

Old 09-06-2012, 05:09 PM

I went up jokingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty