U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:49 AM

837 posts, read 2,501,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
How do guys like this feel about their woman shopping for them?
I don't like it, I have my own style and don't want anyone intrude in my clothing choices,

how do women feel about their men shopping for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 10:16 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,503,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
I don't like it, I have my own style and don't want anyone intrude in my clothing choices,

If you know them well enough you can pick out what they like.

I have bought clothes for my brother and grandfather. My grandfather is gone now but was obsessed with my clothes.

My brother likes my choices for him and saw him wearing it when he wasn't expecting me to visit.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:16 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,156,085 times
Being in the 20% of men who care about fashion and dress well, I HATE it when my significant other shops for me. This is primarily because I find that MOST women know utterly NOTHING about men's fashion* and they will end up making really bad clothing purchases. Leave the clothes shopping to me please.

*of course, these same women think they know A LOT about men's fashion

Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM

14,693 posts, read 22,504,558 times
I'm in the 80% and don't much care what my wife buys for me to wear. So long as it isn't pink or certain types of fiber I don't like I don't care.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:56 PM

632 posts, read 962,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I tend to be attracted to this type of guy.

But the prospect of me shopping for them also excites me.

How do guys like this feel about their woman shopping for them?
I would prefer to have a woman go with me when I'm looking for clothes and get their input rather than use my own judgement. I have found clothes that I like only to become disappointed when I wear them because I look bland.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM

36,437 posts, read 41,744,189 times
Early in our 36 year marriage I shopped with my husband to get an idea what he liked, etc. Then I did a bit of shopping for him alone. Then it just got to the point of "Hey if he wants to look like a dork who am I to try to change him."

Still we all cringe when he wants to leave the house wearing socks with sandals.
ya---he's that kind of guy.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 AM

2,379 posts, read 4,295,439 times
I shop for my guy but we've been married a little while (15+ years). When we first got together, we were both in the military so neither of us had or needed a lot of regular clothing...

He wears office wear now for work in a very conservative environment . He also travels ALOT for work and goes to school to boot. He has no time for or interest in shopping, clothing or "fashion". I'm a SAHM right now so I pick up all his clothing for him.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 AM

2,432 posts, read 3,220,745 times
clothes shopping together is really fun

getting clothes i didn't try on first... not so much

Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 AM

19,022 posts, read 24,725,292 times
I have the reverse situation. I attract women who are so plain clothes. But that's okay I guess, as long as there is a bulge at the appropriate places <rubs his palms>

The crocodile will always be prettier and his women don't break his wallet much. And they also appreciate it when I buy them a dress. No hassles. No demands. And the best part is that she is proud of her man and shows him off to her friends and family. They all go like, wow, good catch.

I can safely say I am into women who don't care about fashion, but are naturally beautiful and of course, yum like the first spoonful of creme brulee mixing into the upper surface of my tongue.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 AM

15,238 posts, read 23,823,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post

love it, same here.

don't buy clothes for me, I am fully able to pick out clothes myself, not that I do it that often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or