U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 PM

5,070 posts, read 8,765,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
That guy in Ireland may have just figured it out, but that theory has been around for a long time.

If you really have rosacea, stepka, you need Metrogel. There's other prescriptions, too. But if you don't treat it, it will get worse and can also move into your eyes.

It isn't all about looks here.

And treating it is forever. I can miss a day here and there, but especially right now with my hot flashes, gotta treat it. It's SO not a big deal. I take a tiny bit of Metrogel and pat it on the rosacea spots (my cheeks next to my nose, and my chin) let it dry and then on goes the moisturizer. Since I'm usually doing this after I shower, I do the metrogel first thing and then go on to moisturize my body and put on deodorant, and powder and then start on my hair... and then if nessecary, I use my blowdryer on my face set on COLD.

Seriously a tiny bit. A tube lasts me a year and a half and I use it practically every day.

If the redness is bothering you, IPL works rather well.
According to the Wikipedia, mites is only one cause of rosacea:
Demodex mites

Studies of rosacea and demodex mites have revealed that some people with Rosacea have increased numbers of the mite, especially those with steroid induced rosacea.[16] When large numbers are present they may play a role along with other triggers. On other occasions demodicidosis (mange) is a separate condition that may have "rosacea-like" appearances.[17] Rosacea has also been implicated in rosacea in that it is theorised to be caused by a reaction to bacteria in the mite's faeces.[18]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 06:54 AM

5,070 posts, read 8,765,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Ok, so don't really try that. But new research suggests that it may be caused by a sensitivity to mites that live in our pores. Most people don't have a reaction, but others may apparently be sensitive to their feces collecting in the pores. Quite a read:

Rosacea may be caused by mite faeces in your pores - health - 30 August 2012 - New Scientist
I saw that in the Wikipedia as one cause of rocacea.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:26 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,408,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
. There's other symptoms, too -- like a burning sensation on your face. And not after you put something on. Maybe you ate something hot and spicy and a half hour later, it caused a flare up -- your cheeks feel like they are on fire and even if you put cool water on your face, underneath it's still burning.
Is this a symptom for everyone with rosacea? I'm wondering b/c i never have this ever so maybe I don't have rosacea? Maybe I'm just really pink? I do have broken capillaries but I'm thinking it's pretty mild--I have a red spot on my nose from pushing when I had a baby--I was all spotty after the delivery but all but one of those cleared up.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 PM

11,427 posts, read 19,438,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Is this a symptom for everyone with rosacea? I'm wondering b/c i never have this ever so maybe I don't have rosacea? Maybe I'm just really pink? I do have broken capillaries but I'm thinking it's pretty mild--I have a red spot on my nose from pushing when I had a baby--I was all spotty after the delivery but all but one of those cleared up.
The burning sensation is pretty standard. So is flushing easily, and the flushing not just going away quickly.

Heck -- my husband told me I had rosacea after seeing a commercial about it. The next visit to my doctor I told him what my husband had said and he looked.... and said my husband was right.

Ask your doctor.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM

107 posts, read 143,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
I use Mario Badescu's control cream for my Rosacea. It's like a miracle cream. I started using everyday since last fall and haven't had one flare-up since then.

Where can you find this? I just recently found out that I have rosacea - the kind with small pimples. Do you use any certain soaps or facial cleansers to keep it from flaring up? I use Dove with aloe, and the Eucerin and sunscreen to protect my face. I've only been using this combination for a few days.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
I just finished 30 days of doxycycline which cured up all the big and little pimples. My face looks amazing.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 AM

107 posts, read 143,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I just finished 30 days of doxycycline which cured up all the big and little pimples. My face looks amazing.
Is that a perscription product or can I get that over the counter? I've checked into a dermatologist but it's a 3 month waiting game...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty