U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:10 AM

499 posts, read 614,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Hydroquinone can cause scarring and thickening of the skin. It would be horrible to go through a long and complicated process to make yourself more beautiful (in your opinion), and end up permanently scarred because of it. I don't deny that light-skinned black women seem to get more attention, but I wish that wasn't the case. I think people are beautiful in all the shades they come in.
Not everyone can be born light skinned, with a predisposition to be skinny, born tall, or born a head turner. To transform yourself is sick and shows narcissism beyond belief. It's like they're thirstbuckets dying for attention through desperation.

If someone isn't attracted to you, then let it go, even if a few are attracted. I laugh at those blacks who opt for the nose-jobs and skin whiteners because your kids aren't going to get any of those traits unless you marry interracially and even then it's not always a given:

Old 09-03-2012, 06:21 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,273,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Not everyone can be born light skinned, with a predisposition to be skinny, born tall, or born a head turner. To transform yourself is sick and shows narcissism beyond belief. It's like they're thirstbuckets dying for attention through desperation.

If someone isn't attracted to you, then let it go, even if a few are attracted. I laugh at those blacks who opt for the nose-jobs and skin whiteners because your kids aren't going to get any of those traits unless you marry interracially and even then it's not always a given:
So it's okay for everyone else to better themselves but Black people? Whites get nosejobs too, their children are not gonna inherit their brand new pinched nose.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
My family was always intimidated by dark skin black people which was crazy. They automatically assumed that a dark skin guy was TOUGH
I don't like your family

Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
So it's okay for everyone else to better themselves but Black people? Whites get nosejobs too, their children are not gonna inherit their brand new pinched nose.
Huge difference there buddy! When whites get the nose jobs it's not to look any less "white". The majority of blacks who get nose jobs do it to blend in more w/the mainstream, look less "ethnic" and less "african-descended". We all know it's a more africanized trait. Also some Asians tend to have this (South East Asia)

But this is where you're screwed up in the mind. Why do you assume when a Black (or any color) person gets any kind of "ethnic reduction" surgery, they are "bettering" themselves?

Will you recommend your kids to get nose jobs and bleach their skin to feel better about themselves also?

Even if I was to for some strange reason find you remotely attractive post skin brigthening and nose thinning (which I doubt I would, esp with your disgusting attitude about yourself and people who you don't find attractive), I'd run for the hills the millisecond I found out that you mutilated yourself to be more accepted.

Nothing more is unattractive and offputting than a woman who doesn't love herself. I'd be afraid that if she didn't love herself, she wouldn't love our kids if we had some and would poison their mind with this same self-hate garbage.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:28 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,261,669 times
^^^I don't think "bettering themselves" includes plastic surgery. Usually people use "bettering themselves" for getting a higher education, doing community service, specializing in something, becoming more family oriented, and picking up on positive habits.

Which by the way black people and white people and every ****ing people should do.

This reminds me of something that happened yesterday.
When I heard a Kanye West song on the radio he had a lyric that said "I put suicide doors on a private plane" ...wouldn't that money be better spent or wouldn't even a better verse for his song be "I created 100 scholarships for black students to go to college for free"

Old 09-03-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Huge difference there buddy! When whites get the nose jobs it's not to look any less "white".
What about whites with big Jewish noses?
Also whites also get lip injections to have fuller lips and get tans to have darker skin. Oh yea and butt implants for bigger butts. None of those traits are associate with whiteness. So if they can change or alter how they look so can I
Quote:
The majority of blacks who get nose jobs do it to blend in more w/the mainstream, look less "ethnic" and less "african-descended". We all know it's a more africanized trait. Also some Asians tend to have this (South East Asia)
there are black people who are born with thin noses though. I am trying to look more like them and not necessarily white. I will never look White, but i can look like other mainstream Black people with thinner noses and lighter skin.

Quote:
But this is where you're screwed up in the mind. Why do you assume when a Black (or any color) person gets any kind of "ethnic reduction" surgery, they are "bettering" themselves?
Because when a nose job is done right it can be flattering

Quote:
Will you recommend your kids to get nose jobs and bleach their skin to feel better about themselves also?
If they are old enough, and they feel it will raise their self esteem, yes I would not have a problem with them doing that. That is only if they wanted a nose job

Quote:
Even if I was to for some strange reason find you remotely attractive post skin brigthening and nose thinning (which I doubt I would, esp with your disgusting attitude about yourself and people who you don't find attractive), I'd run for the hills the millisecond I found out that you mutilated yourself to be more accepted.
There are plenty of other men who wouldn't care.

Quote:
Nothing more is unattractive and offputting than a woman who doesn't love herself. I'd be afraid that if she didn't love herself, she wouldn't love our kids if we had some and would poison their mind with this same self-hate garbage.
No one has to stay with the looks they are born with.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:

there are black people who are born with thin noses though. I am trying to look more like them and not necessarily white. I will never look White, but i can look like other mainstream Black people with thinner noses and lighter skin.

If they are old enough, and they feel it will raise their self esteem, yes I would not have a problem with them doing that. That is only if they wanted a nose job

Jewish Noses? Judiasm is a Religious Wise Guy. There are Jews all over the world. "Jewish Nose" is a stereotype, and not all Jews are cut from the same genetic cloth. There are Jews in every country, some black like you.

You're a lost cause. You don't like short guys, you don't like fat guys, you have a problem with white guys, but yet you want people to accept you and find you as attractive as they do light skinned women.

The whole world continues to move along, reproduce and have meaningful relationships, even dark skinned women and all you do is sob all day "woe is me I'm dark skinned".

Old 09-03-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Jewish Noses? Judiasm is a Religious Wise Guy. There are Jews all over the world. "Jewish Nose" is a stereotype, and not all Jews are cut from the same genetic cloth. There are Jews in every country, some black like you.
Okay. But you fail to acknowledge that Whites get lip injections, butt implants and tan their skin to get darker. None of those traits are equated to Whiteness. However it's wrong for black women like me to get a nosejob because I am trying to be White. I have the right to improve my appearance just like every other race.

Quote:
The whole world continues to move along, reproduce and have meaningful relationships, even dark skinned women and all you do is sob all day "woe is me I'm dark skinned".
That is not enough for me. I want lighter skin because I want society to treat me better. Many people find darkskin to be inferior to other skin complexions

Old 09-03-2012, 07:21 AM

810 posts, read 786,476 times
Quote:
Yes, it's the same woman. There was a lot of controversy surrounding what she did. Her name is MsHoza and she is from Africa. The Africans seem to have figured out what works on making darkskin significantly lighter. However, its not like that over here in America. There are more products to help white people tan, but not help black people get lighter. I called a few dermatology clinics and they don't have any resources to give me the results I want. I can't afford to go over to Africa and then pay for treatment. I wish I could.
Be careful what you wish for. I have a friend who was dark, but suffers from vitiligo, (a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed. As a result, white patches appear on the skin in different parts of the body.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 AM

14,095 posts, read 22,986,414 times
Quote:
Also whites also get lip injections to have fuller lips and get tans to have darker skin. Oh yea and butt implants for bigger butts. None of those traits are associate with whiteness. So if they can change or alter how they look so can I

Don't you realize most people laugh at those who get so much plastic? Those lip injections ruined the looks of many starlets like Lisa Rinna for example. Some starlets have ruined their careers from a simple nose job like the actress who played Baby in Dirty Dancing. The only cosmetic surgeries I don't laugh at are those that correct a birth defect, recover from an accident or severe burns, breast reduction to relieve back pain, or to recover breast shape after having them removed because of cancer. And another thing, remember the tanning mom? She's addicted to tanning and she looks horrible. I knew people who tanned often when they were young. Today their skin looks like leather. They're only hurting their looks and their health in the long run. Very dark skin is an evolutionary trait among people of a particular geographic area of the world. Naturally dark skin helps to protect the skin from the effects of the sun and reduce your chances of getting skin cancer. Down side is in this modern world, dark skin people who live and work indoors must consume supplements of vitamin D because the dark skin requires much more sun to generate vitamin D than light skin people. Light skin people can generate more vitamin D from less light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty