U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:51 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,655,551 times

Advertisements

The reason people don't like you Nyanna, is that you are not likeable. If you were a white woman, people still wouldn't like you. If you were a gorgeous, thin, blue-eyed, blonde bombshell, people still wouldn't like you. Some day, when you grow up, you might learn how to become likeable, and then people will like you.

There. I said it.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 AM

36,435 posts, read 41,667,043 times
scroll down to the before and after pictures. Is this what you want? Does that nose look natural---for any race?

Promoter emails say Michael Jackson was out of shape, consumed with doubt - TODAY Entertainment

Old 09-03-2012, 09:23 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,271,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
The reason people don't like you Nyanna, is that you are not likeable. If you were a white woman, people still wouldn't like you. If you were a gorgeous, thin, blue-eyed, blonde bombshell, people still wouldn't like you. Some day, when you grow up, you might learn how to become likeable, and then people will like you.

There. I said it.
It has nothing to do with being likeable. Why are you blaming me for others oppressing me because of my skin tone?? I've been TOLD that my skin tone is inferior. What does that have to do with my personality or being likeable??

Old 09-03-2012, 09:24 AM

36,435 posts, read 41,667,043 times
you need to change people you hang with!

Old 09-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
you need to change people you hang with!
That is not the problem, though. What do I do about co-workers who make negative remarks about darkskin? Or the black guys I walk past in the grocery isle discussing redbones??

Old 09-03-2012, 09:33 AM

3,404 posts, read 7,259,198 times
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't anyone tell you not to believe everything you hear? Also who gives a **** if guys are admiring "redbones". You will hear guys admiring all types its just a coincidence.

Develop some self-esteem

Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't anyone tell you not to believe everything you hear? Also who gives a **** if guys are admiring "redbones". You will hear guys admiring all types its just a coincidence.

Develop some self-esteem
It's not a coincidence.

my skin tone is almost never preferred. even worse, I am considered less worthy of respect because I am dark. a lot of black guys think its okay to disrespect me. i've been treated like crap because i am not mixed

Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,545,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
That is not the problem, though. What do I do about co-workers who make negative remarks about darkskin? Or the black guys I walk past in the grocery isle discussing redbones??
The black guys you walk past in the grocery isle or anywhere else are free to discuss whatever they want! You think they see you coming and say, "OMG! here comes Nyanna! Stop talking about the cost of gas and start talking about redbones!"

You need to get a grip.If they are attracted to redbones and they just say one they have every right under the sun to talk about it.

Are your co workers outright discriminating against black people?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,495,768 times
this is quite obsessive Nyanna, i want you to seek help..

Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 AM

701 posts, read 1,209,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
It's not a coincidence.

my skin tone is almost never preferred. even worse, I am considered less worthy of respect because I am dark. a lot of black guys think its okay to disrespect me. i've been treated like crap because i am not mixed
It's called working on your self-esteem and confidence and telling the world to go eff themselves. I'm dark-skinned, do you think I care about what some random person in the grocery store thinks of me? Hell no. You think I care about what my co-workers think of me and my hair? Hell no, but HR sure will. Do you think I care if some sales associate ignores me in the store? Hell no because I know to march right up to the manager and light a fire under his/her ass for having a discriminatory worker. Let an SA try to follow me around the store and see if I don't curse them out. I don't care.

All I'm hearing is you lying down on your belly and crying about wanting to look mixed or light skinned because you think you're going to be treated better, well guess what -- you're still going to hear ***** from other people! There are hateful people in this world who will never think the other person is good enough, and they must love someone like you who already hates herself. They can feed off your negative energy to the point to where you're a dried out husk of insecurities.

You need to ask yourself: How can I love myself first? Because when you love yourself no one can tear you down. No one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty