U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:03 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,426,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Not really. I think having a pretty face is more important than having a nice body.

I wonder do obese women with a pretty face attract more male attention than a woman with a beautifuk body but unattractive face?
I believe I can answer that. I belong to a dance group and the women who are getting the dates are all slim and trim even if they're not pretty at all. There is one women who gets a lot of male attention b/c she has such a pretty figure and dresses to show it off and she's what has been called, I believe, a "butterface" lol. There are much prettier women there, plump ones who don't get nearly as many dates. I don't know if our age has anything to do with it since we're all a middle aged group but I don't get many dates and I'm pretty plump (borderline obese according to BMI charts), so I'm renewing my efforts to work on that despite going into menopause. And yes, I wear spanx always and dress nicely and look healthy so I know that's not the problem.

The men who do show the most interest in me are usually at least 10 years older, quite socially awkward, or way heavier than I am but I want to change that. Also, some men will stare at me like they're interested but then go ask the thinner women out. Or else they're married or have an SO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,305,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post

I've only lost about 15 lbs, too. WEIRD.
My appearance, including facial features, changed DRAMATICALLY when I lost about 15 lbs between my late teens and mid-twenties. I went from about a 21 BMI to 17.5 (I have very light bones though and not much muscle mass), but it still surprised me when I compare pictures between then and now as to how much better I started to look as soon as I lost that weight. In some of the photos, it would really be difficult to even see that it's the same person! I look much better now at 30 than I did at 18.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 AM

321 posts, read 501,879 times
I think a physically in shape person is often better looking than someone who is out of shape, definitely.

But I don't think losing weight and becoming fit would make someone more attractive if they have an ugly face. My old next door neighbour used to be a real porker, until he reached his adolescence years and got a six-pack. He's still ugly IMO. It's hair, makeup, clothes etc. that also adds to how attractive someone can be.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:59 AM

9 posts, read 17,379 times
It is true that healthy eating and lifestyle keep us fit, fine and beautiful and vise verse.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:45 AM

368 posts, read 1,186,970 times
Losing weight and looking better really depends on the person.
When I was younger (and before I was married) I was really attracted big guys and they weren't always fit just tall and big. Most were althletes so they weren't out of shape but they didn't have six packs either. There was one guy I dated that always had a ton of girls after him was pretty heavy but had a great face. I ran into him a few years ago and he had lost a ton of weight and was super toned. He looked so different and not as attractive as when he was heavier.

Another example is a girl I know. She was 33 not married with an extra 15-20 lbs on her (size 8) and she thought she needed to be skinny to meet men. She has lost 20 lbs and looks 10 year older and it ruined the cute look her face had. She used to get hit on here and there before now it is rare and when it happens it is men close to 50 years old.

Now don't get me wrong there are plenty of people that look better when they are in better shape ( I am one of them) but I am just saying that is not always the case.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:49 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,449,792 times
Wanna hold my feet while I do a sit up?

Damn I'm good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty