U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2012, 04:56 AM
 
Location: New Zealand and Australia
7,458 posts, read 11,126,541 times
Reputation: 7783

Advertisements

Alot can often be achieved by getting physically fit and eating and drinking healthy.
My SO is a case and point. Saw a photo of her recently when she was younger.
Lets just say, she didn't have half of the physical attraction then, than she has now.
Alot of it is due to a more healthy lifestyle, especially diet.

Obviously results can vary from person to person. But often big improvements can be made from by getting physically fit and eating and drinking healthy.
I have little sympathy for people that b***h and moan about their lack of physical attractiveness and yet live a unhealthy lifestyle.

Last edited by dave nz; 09-04-2012 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2012, 05:05 AM
 
359 posts, read 736,205 times
Reputation: 564
I have lost a lot of weight and eat healthy, but it still hasn't made me any more desirable to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 05:12 AM
 
Location: New Zealand and Australia
7,458 posts, read 11,126,541 times
Reputation: 7783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I have lost a lot of weight and eat healthy, but it still hasn't made me any more desirable to women.
I doubt that. How can getting more fit and healthy not make a man or woman more desirable to most.
Of course, there are many more factors when seeking a mate, that is just one. But that one factor alone improved, something controllable for most people. Will only make you more desirable to most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 06:19 AM
 
13,010 posts, read 12,445,977 times
Reputation: 37270
I agree with this. I rarely look at a physically fit man and thing "UGH, he's hideous." A fit body can make up for A LOT.

I'm not the prettiest woman in the world, but when I start taking weight off I know I get more attention. I also FEEL better, move more gracefully and more confidently, and can wear more attractive clothing. Going through a phase like that now.

Incidentally, I'm actually thinking about taking my new "post-weight-loss" photos off of the dating site I use because I've noticed that the quality of guy has gone down, and I'm attracting the attention of more men who have clearly not even bothered to read my profile. Before I almost exclusively was getting emails from men who had actual interests in common with me and were interested in my personality. They're still coming in, but there's a lot more now from guys who are like "Hey baby what's up?" and from guys who are very sincere, but who have obviously projected qualities I do not have onto me (or ignored glaring incompatibilities) because they find me attractive. I've only lost about 15 lbs, too. WEIRD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,676 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Reputation: 68458
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Incidentally, I'm actually thinking about taking my new "post-weight-loss" photos off of the dating site I use because I've noticed that the quality of guy has gone down, and I'm attracting the attention of more men who have clearly not even bothered to read my profile. Before I almost exclusively was getting emails from men who had actual interests in common with me and were interested in my personality. They're still coming in, but there's a lot more now from guys who are like "Hey baby what's up?" and from guys who are very sincere, but who have obviously projected qualities I do not have onto me (or ignored glaring incompatibilities) because they find me attractive. I've only lost about 15 lbs, too. WEIRD.
I know a couple of women who deliberately made themselves overweight in order to attract a better class of guy. They were attracting all the wrong kind of attention when they were HWP, and the kind of guy they wanted to attract was too intimidated by them when they looked "hot". They're both happily married now. I think this says something very sad about the state of male-female relations when women have to make themselves fat in order to attract nice guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 AM
 
Location: NC
6,034 posts, read 7,187,387 times
Reputation: 6328
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I have lost a lot of weight and eat healthy, but it still hasn't made me any more desirable to women.

Women don't want a slovenly fatty guy with a belly....

I doubt it, you're probably just oblivious to the new attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,291 posts, read 10,450,237 times
Reputation: 13244
I have to be attracted to a person's face, among other features. If a woman is fit but her face does not appeal to me then it doesn't make a difference to me how fit she is. Likewise i would likely be more attracted to a woman who is overweight but has a face I find appealing. Of course these statements assume everything else about these two is somewhat equal (ie: Compatibility, interests, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 AM
 
150 posts, read 237,288 times
Reputation: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know a couple of women who deliberately made themselves overweight in order to attract a better class of guy. They were attracting all the wrong kind of attention when they were HWP, and the kind of guy they wanted to attract was too intimidated by them when they looked "hot". They're both happily married now. I think this says something very sad about the state of male-female relations when women have to make themselves fat in order to attract nice guys.

Wow I've never heard of anything like that before. So should I feel bad now about wanting hot women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
10,291 posts, read 10,450,237 times
Reputation: 13244
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Swarthout View Post
Wow I've never heard of anything like that before. So should I feel bad now about wanting hot women?
No, of course not. Your preference is your preference and nobody is trying to change that or make you feel guilty over it. That was not the point of Ruth's post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 AM
 
14,752 posts, read 27,525,279 times
Reputation: 8732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know a couple of women who deliberately made themselves overweight in order to attract a better class of guy. They were attracting all the wrong kind of attention when they were HWP, and the kind of guy they wanted to attract was too intimidated by them when they looked "hot". They're both happily married now. I think this says something very sad about the state of male-female relations when women have to make themselves fat in order to attract nice guys.
I believe anything. The world doesn't make sense. But, even though this may be true, it wouldn't work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top