Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've found that the 'classier' the person is, the more they want to put down others that look different than they do.
I agree with this statement to a point.
Just becouse someone is "classy", doens't mean they are not opinionated.

But, also, I have met some women that were 'classy', and yet they treated the people closest to them terribly. But, they were also smart enough to be nice to friends.

At this point in my life, I don't know if I completely justify defining someone as classy vs. trashy. I think everyone has some of both in them. But, I think the 'classier' people tend to show thier 'trashier' side to a less select few people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,763,333 times
There are women who wear very short tight skirts and dresses and they don't look trashy. I think it depends on how she carries herself and what she wears with the short tight skirt with heels.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:41 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
IMO: classy = integrity

Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Classy is a subjective term. In order to have a substantial discussion, one would have to define it first. Do you mean classy as in 1940s elegance? Morally upright? Not sexually overt?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
It's part of today's fashion to show a good amount of skin. So if you want to look on trend, the likelihood is you will. Some shirts I wear (partially due to my body type) get a great deal of attention and disapproval from my parents, older generation of my ethnic background or people generally if I were to visit my native country when I thought that that's quite common, at least here in Southern California and I would have to work pretty hard to find something with a higher neckline if I were to go shopping in normal stores.

I'm in my twenties so not much shock me but there are some times like an intern who wear a backless short dress to WORK in an office environment where there's no contact with clients (when I would consider that more club wear if they really were looking for attention) makes me do a double take but considering her age (18-20ish) , it's understandable.
Well the wedding i attended recently there was lots of skin but one poor darling with shoes like stilts showed more than anyone when she fell in a heap on the ground, the heels of the stupid shoes she couldn't walk in got stuck in the crazy paving.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I've seen so many trashy/skanky women all over the place lately. I was in my friend's wedding this past weekend and her cousin showed up looking like a stripper. A skin tight dress so short it barely covered the bottom of her butt. She was walking around all night trying to keep it pulled down. Add to this ensemble six inch heels and dyed blonde hair and about 5 pounds of makeup. Gross. Guys, do you really find this attractive? I understand being sexy...show some cleavage, sure fine, but do half of her boobs really need to be hanging out of a woman's dress or shirt? I think subtle cleavage would be way more sexy than giving it all away like that. Being classy has nothing to do with money or even how attractive you are, but no one seems to know the meaning anymore. Dressing for your body type and dressing in a way that's appropriate for the occasion seems to be a lost art.

Where are the classy women?
Apparently the "classy women" are on C-D insulting other people's outfits.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:51 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Apparently the "classy women" are on C-D insulting other people's outfits.
Exactly.

I've never understood women who are so preoccupied with the way other women dress. Mind your own business. I am not staring at other women judging the way the dress and why. I could care less. Worry about yourself.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
There's a time and place for everything. However, if you've got it flaunt it

Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Exactly.

I've never understood women who are so preoccupied with the way other women dress. Mind your own business. I am not staring at other women judging the way the dress and why. I could care less. Worry about yourself.
Isn't the whole point of dressing in revealing attire to get other people to look? Doesn't showing more skin than the next, erm, lady warrant "judgement"?

...or is it only positive judgement one has the right to give you?

I'm just askin!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Isn't the whole point of dressing in revealing attire to get other people to look?
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I'm not a mind reader. People do things for different reasons. I don't give a hoot, is my point and I don't understand why others care so mmuch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty