U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 PM

6,009 posts, read 4,944,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
The funny thing is once you have a majority of classy women all of the sudden the men complain "Women in this city are prude, cold, snobbish, and uptight".
Well sure, the men who lack class themselves are gonna say that... I have known maybe five prudish, cold, snobby and uptight women in my entire lifetime. Several trashy ones, and then the vast majority of them are what I'd consider normal. And I'm immediately suspicious of anyone whose reported life experiences don't somewhat resemble mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM

8,738 posts, read 9,581,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Omg,you and Doll Eyes are sooo right.
That's the type men like.
The skank women are only responding to what men want.

Do you guys know of any classy women celebs?
Well I think these celeb women are classy:

kate winslet

reese witherspoon

beyonce

Carrie underwood

gwen stefani

mary j blige

kelly clarkson

anne hathaway

christina hendricks

.....there's certain ones that with a different man every couple of months like cam diaz, scarlett johansen, drew barrymoore, Jennifer aniston, etc. they seem to have no class IMO. the same men that say they don't like those types of women are the same ones all over the snooki types

Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,513,019 times
Confederate Railroad comes to mind: Trashy Women
http://www.confederaterailroad.com/video9.htm

Seriously, trashy women have never been attractive to me. A junior high lunch table discussion long ago amongst group of nerd misfits we always had a good laugh about knowing immediately 'those who only wanted attention' because that's all they likely had going for them. Fast forward to college days and the work environment when fellow men would laugh at me for liking women for 'the way they walked and held themselves'. I have this thing for the 40's -60's ideal of sort of attractive, cool and demure but who show hints of sexuality beneath the surface. The kind that look, like say, Land's End catalog print models, they're attractive, they know it, don't flaunt it (self confident), but if they wanted to, could look totally tantalizing when dressed to go out (and not have to do so provocatively).

As to Jerseygal4U's Q: "Do you know any celebs with class?" LOL
You're picking a select group of people to begin with, who generally are the epitome of "LOOK At Me" mindset throughout formative years coupled with having already gained celebrity of some sort, which means 95% of the time they likely dropped all pretense of genuine 'classiness of behavior' in pursuit of their "dream". There's usually an inverse relationship between how provocatively a woman dresses and her intellect or other qualities with which men find attractive. On occasion, however, some intelligent women who are endowed make a game of it - Jane Mansfield was highly intelligent and decided to use her looks for a celebrity career.

Finally, an old MADtv skit for laughs that's applicable to the topic:

MADtv - FOX NFL Sunday 1 - YouTube

Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 PM

6,621 posts, read 11,173,495 times
I want a girl like the one in The Notebook.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM

15,294 posts, read 7,148,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I don't think classy women judge others by their appearance...
Like it or not, people are judged and do judge based on appearance. It is a fact of life from the beginning of time and will be until the end. Period.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Like it or not, people are judged and do judge based on appearance. It is a fact of life from the beginning of time and will be until the end. Period.
Kay. Still pretty sure that classy women don't judge people by their appearance.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Kay. Still pretty sure that classy women don't judge people by their appearance.

EVERYBODY judges people by their appearance.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:01 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,441,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
EVERYBODY judges people by their appearance.
Then I guess nobody is all that classy.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Then I guess nobody is all that classy.

I didn't say that, I don't think one has to do with the other. I don't walk around acting like a loose tramp and neither do some other women.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:05 PM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
Quote:
I disagree with you on that, because I'm CONSTANTLY judged due to my tattoos and body type regardless of how 'classy' I look and act.

I've had people treat me like trash based on how I look and it's not pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty