Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:51 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,779,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I disagree with you on that, because I'm CONSTANTLY judged due to my tattoos and body type regardless of how 'classy' I look and act.

I've had people treat me like trash based on how I look and it's not pleasant.
Sooo, you're saying those people who are judging you must surely be classy people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I didn't say that, I don't think one has to do with the other. I don't walk around acting like a loose tramp and neither do some other women.
You didn't say it, I did. And since when are there only two options, classy or ****? Most women are neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,620,661 times
Well, guess what? My niece is a professional women, who owns her own business. She is single, 57 years' old, and in good shape. Recently, he taste in dressing has changed for the worst. We had a family holiday in my house, and she came in showing her double d's, so much in front of my grandsons, nephews, and uncles that I felt embarrased.

The first thing her sister said when they came through the door was, "We got lost and stop to asked some men directions, and they almost came into the car when they saw her boobs. I do not think that she is going through a crisis, not very much bothers her, and when it does, she lets it all out.

After they left, I emailed her and ask for her not to dress like that in my home during family holidays, but, in a nice way, and now she has stopped talking to me. I felt that being around my young, male grandsons ages 23 to 27 dressed like that, was not a good idea, because they will be looking at her more as a sex object than as an aunt, and sexualizing in their thoughts.........,

We come from a family with lots of double d's, and noone dresses inappropriately but, she has the right to dress anyway she wants as long as it is not in my house, at a family dinner.......

Old 09-05-2012, 12:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
You think your 20-something-year-old grandkids will look at their 60-year-old aunt as a sex object? Gross.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Sooo, you're saying those people who are judging you must surely be classy people?

You didn't say it, I did. And since when are there only two options, classy or ****? Most women are neither.

there's two options far as I'm concerned, most women are either one or the other based on their behavior, appearance, etc. You're either classy or trashy.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:55 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,903,939 times
I'm glad I don't hang out with people who have conversations like this in real life. Who cares! Let them dress however they want.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:03 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,527,526 times
Alot of times when going out partying at night, the classy women actually dress skanky while the normally skanky women dress classy....something i've noticed.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:39 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,620,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You think your 20-something-year-old grandkids will look at their 60-year-old aunt as a sex object? Gross.
First of all, she is 57, and in excellent shape, beautiful face, with no wrinkles, beautiful hair and legs, and very bright, and yes, when it comes to sex, most men can be very indulging..... if the woman keeps herself nice even the 23 and 27 years' old ones.'.... Remember Rachel Welsh? Lots of young men had a crush on her at 50 -something, as well as Gina Lolobrigida, Sophia Loren, Tina Turner, etc. It all has to do with how well she keeps herself. You are basing everything on age, I am basing it on looks......

Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,875,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Kay. Still pretty sure that classy women don't judge people by their appearance.
very naive statement, all women judge over women in fact all people judge appearance for the most part

Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post
First of all, she is 57, and in excellent shape, beautiful face, with no wrinkles, beautiful hair and legs, and very bright, and yes, when it comes to sex, most men can be very indulging..... if the woman keeps herself nice even the 23 and 27 years' old ones.'.... Remember Rachel Welsh? Lots of young men had a crush on her at 50 -something, as well as Gina Lolobrigida, Sophia Loren, Tina Turner, etc. It all has to do with how well she keeps herself. You are basing everything on age, I am basing it on looks......
It's not her age, it's that you think her nephews would perv on her. I highly doubt Raquel Welch's nephews think of her in sexual ways.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I'm glad I don't hang out with people who have conversations like this in real life. Who cares! Let them dress however they want.
No one said they can't dress however they want. Personally, I think it's in poor taste to show up to a wedding with all your junk hanging out. This is an online forum...ya know...where people have conversations and discuss various topics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty