Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times

Advertisements

I've seen so many trashy/skanky women all over the place lately. I was in my friend's wedding this past weekend and her cousin showed up looking like a stripper. A skin tight dress so short it barely covered the bottom of her butt. She was walking around all night trying to keep it pulled down. Add to this ensemble six inch heels and dyed blonde hair and about 5 pounds of makeup. Gross. Guys, do you really find this attractive? I understand being sexy...show some cleavage, sure fine, but do half of her boobs really need to be hanging out of a woman's dress or shirt? I think subtle cleavage would be way more sexy than giving it all away like that. Being classy has nothing to do with money or even how attractive you are, but no one seems to know the meaning anymore. Dressing for your body type and dressing in a way that's appropriate for the occasion seems to be a lost art.

Maybe I'm just getting old. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 10:39 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
What I consider skanky seems to be "hot" and "modern" for a lot of folks these days.

Sad, but true.

It is the influence of pop culture . . . trashy skanky looking gals in videos, lol.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:42 AM

864 posts, read 1,453,694 times
I'm right here.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:42 AM

20 posts, read 55,572 times
That's why I generally prefer European women.

There are always exceptions though.

I love your profile pic. You're definitely an exception.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
When programs like Toddlers and Tiaras, which sexualize 4-year-olds, garner enough viewership to remain on the air, is it any wonder?

For every step forward women make, asinine stuff like this takes us two steps back, and it shows in how many young women dress and behave. It's one bad thing for men to objectify women, but when women dress and behave to do it to themselves, it's something else entirely: tragic.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:45 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I've seen so many trashy/skanky women all over the place lately. I was in my friend's wedding this past weekend and her cousin showed up looking like a stripper. A skin tight dress so short it barely covered the bottom of her butt. She was walking around all night trying to keep it pulled down. Add to this ensemble six inch heels and dyed blonde hair and about 5 pounds of makeup. Gross. Guys, do you really find this attractive? I understand being sexy...show some cleavage, sure fine, but do half of her boobs really need to be hanging out of a woman's dress or shirt? I think subtle cleavage would be way more sexy than giving it all away like that. Being classy has nothing to do with money or even how attractive you are, but no one seems to know the meaning anymore. Dressing for your body type and dressing in a way that's appropriate for the occasion seems to be a lost art.

No.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Classy women exist. But sometimes it is hard with some of the modern trends. You have to seek it out. (I can find it hard to get things that fit my style! I am a preppy, with a few elements of trendiness.)

Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 AM

242 posts, read 350,831 times
I can't speak for anybody but me, and maybe it's a function of my age, but I for one much prefer a classy woman than a skanky looking one.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:03 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post

Wow...sounds like she was dressing just to try to get some attention. Heels and a barely-there dress definitely scream 'look at me!'

Us classy girls are around...I just think that the few 'trashy' girls take away from the rest of us.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM

632 posts, read 1,179,747 times
I prefer women like the one's on Mad Men (e.g. Joan Holloway)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty