Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Trying another wet and wild mascara because it was 1.99$ (Mega Protein)

Tried the mega volume (dollar more) and that worked fine.
So far so good on this protein one too. Packaging feels cheaper but I don't care. Doesn't feel breakable cheap and that is all that matters.

I have had high end mascaras too so I do have a basis to compare levels. I just feel like I am paying for the name and packaging. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 03:19 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
I knew there had to be a thread about this....reasonably priced masacara. (although I don't wear make up).

I was watching QVC -- and Mally's Instant Impact Mascara was being sold -- 2, for 30.00.
So I guess at 15.00 a piece that's not THAT outrageous.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:29 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
I'm thinking of buying the Falsies mascara next, after a makeup artist commented on how much they liked it. Anyone given it a go?

Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I'm thinking of buying the Falsies mascara next, after a makeup artist commented on how much they liked it. Anyone given it a go?
I use it.

In fact, my two favorite mascaras of all time are Maybelline's Falsies and Neutrogena's Healthy Volume. They each costs between $5-8.

Falsies is excellent, excellent, excellent. It makes my eyelashes look amazingly long and full. I tend to use it for formal occasions because it creates such a glamorous and dramatic look on me. But you could use it anytime.

Healthy Volume is great too. I use this for the daytime, when I want a less dramatic look. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't clump or flake. It gives a full, smooth, natural look.

Once my current wand of Healthy Volume runs out, I'm going to switch over to Falsies for daytime and evening. I'll wear a little less during the day, and more for the evening. It's an amazing product.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:06 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
I cannot wear anything but Lancome waterproof Definicils mascara. It makes my thin lashes look amazing. I have eye allergies and any other mascara I have tried either causes my eyes to constantly weep or does nothing to enhance my thin lashes...waterproof is the way to go if you have allergies. Unfortunantly it is expensive but so worth it.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,194,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I cannot wear anything but Lancome waterproof Definicils mascara. It makes my thin lashes look amazing. I have eye allergies and any other mascara I have tried either causes my eyes to constantly weep or does nothing to enhance my thin lashes...waterproof is the way to go if you have allergies. Unfortunantly it is expensive but so worth it.
I have the same problem and have pretty much given up on mascara. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Tried Loreal Voluminous because it is my daughters fav for awhile now. It definitely gives alot of product on the brush and gives a big impact if you like the dark eye look. I recently went to makeup alley and read a review on Mary Kay mascara and have tried a few (did the ebay thing) The lash lenthening waterproof is fantastic as is the lash love. I usually avoid companies like Avon and Mary Kay. I paid about $8 on ebay however it is double that from a MK person.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,503 times
lOREAL volumnious

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Well -- I saw an ad for L'oreal Shocking Extensions mascara. Needed some and bought that.

BEST STUFF EVER.

Now, before you run out and buy it -- I'm older and pale and blonde and without mascara my eyelashes are just not there. This mascara lengthens beautifully -- without volumizing. So I can use it on my lower lashes with out glopping (I know, after a certain age they say to not use mascara on lower lashes , but I'm not kidding -- no mascara, no lashes -- bottom lashes not done on me looks like I forgot.)

I bought the black/brown color and I did not get waterproof. It washes off easily, BUT -- I messed up and slept in it and the next day almost all of it was still on, with no smearing and little flaking under my eyes.

I can also put it on, slowly draw the wand up and through and get a fair amount of curl -- that lasts. At night when I wash my face I look and the curl is still there. Which is something I only previously got from using a waterproof mascara and eyelash curler.

And I think it's because since it's a lengthening mascara, it's not designed to create volume, it's more weightless. It's a very natural looking mascara -- nice, because I've felt for a long time that all the Mascara preoccupation with volume was to create a more fake eyelash look, which I really really don't like on me. I like a very natural face. At this point I consistently wear mascara and Revlon's just bitten chubby lip stain/gloss in that weird purple color that looks SO wrong but on me looks pink and nice.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:30 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
Cover Girl orange with the dollar coupon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty