U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:46 AM

502 posts, read 2,122,485 times

Advertisements

I have a very pretty two tone Anne Klein dress watch. It has interchangeable ***** on/*****-off stainless steel bezels (black enamel, gold, red, teal and a two-tone with Swarovski® sparkling crystal accents).
It is very pretty but I need to get something daintier. Like a bracelet watch to match my girly wardrobe. I love the new fall fashions of dresses, skirts and pretty tie blouses, silk blouses, and romantic ruffled blouses! I'm in girly heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 AM

8,191 posts, read 27,459,376 times
I have a black plastic Casio with a simulated gold face. I work around horses, and am very hard on watches. Every expensive watch I have ever had has gotten the face scratched. I don't seem to get upset when my $8 Casio gets beat up, and it is waterproof.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:26 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,516,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Watch? Haven't worn one in years. There are clocks all around at work and every appliance I have has a clock and so does my cell phone which is the one I use most often
I agree. I don't see people wear nice ones anymore. More the $20-$99 watches. Are they coming back in style?

Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 PM

9,595 posts, read 22,898,648 times
I have a "tide watch" from Rip Curl. It's analog and has tide and moon phases on it. I rarely wear it as the watch (not the band) is quite large and bulky, but I like to wear it for nice occasions or the rare chance I might actually be at a beach. (I know I live way too far inland as well as too far north )

Most of the time I wear a Casio "Data Bank" watch. I've had it maybe 4 years. The band wore out so I bought a $10 metal elastic-like stretching wristband that was meant for a Timex, but it works anyways. It's got a bunch of scrapes and some of the paint worn off, but I can still read the time easy, plus it stores phone numbers.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:19 PM

95 posts, read 586,771 times
I usually wear a gold Gucci 1500 bangle style watch. I'm not big on name brands but it's the most beautiful watch I've seen! If I need to go casual I wear a Walmart cheepie.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:08 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,964,660 times
Default Bumping another old thread!

DH wears a Cartier Tank Francaise:

photo from SaksFifthAvenue.com

I alternate between my Longines Dolve Vita and my Technomarine Diamond Technosquare:

photo from TheTimeZone.com

photo from Amazon.com

Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM

8,181 posts, read 16,155,849 times
Won't pay for anything other than a Timex....hubby doesn't wear one at all.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:33 PM

14,939 posts, read 10,006,042 times
I have two, a Citizens with a diamond chip that was given to me by that company that I worked for as a gift for participating in a special computer project 14 years ago. I wear this to work every day in the kitchen but it's not water proof and I carry in my pocket most of the time. My other watch that I really like is a Bulova that was given to me as a birthday gift about ten years ago. The Citizen watch is five minutes behind ... LOL!
The Bulova watch, I've only changed the battery once in ten years.
Interesting topic! :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or