Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

L'Oreal receives warning letter from FDA over claims on anti-aging products - HealthPop - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,636 times
yeah whatever, but does it work?

Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
yeah whatever, but does it work?
According to Paula Begoun, the Cosmetics Cop -- no. L'oreal (who owns Lancome) makes lots of claims and the stuff they use is really blah. Nothing harmful, but nothing great.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:10 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
ever notice how the commercials say "reduces the appearance of fine lines"? They don't claim to reduce fine lines. So what does that mean. I'm a real skeptic about advertising. We can't take anybody's word for anything. The best way to keep from premature aging (and let's face it, we're all gonna age) is to not drink alcohol, smoke tobacco and over expose to the sun. Very simple really.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:23 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
ever notice how the commercials say "reduces the appearance of fine lines"? They don't claim to reduce fine lines. So what does that mean. I'm a real skeptic about advertising. We can't take anybody's word for anything. The best way to keep from premature aging (and let's face it, we're all gonna age) is to not drink alcohol, smoke tobacco and over expose to the sun. Very simple really.
Reduces the appearance of fine lines simply means the moisturizer binds hydration to your skin and plumps it up. That's why you moisturize after you wash. Your face has had water introduced and your skin has absorbed some of it and the moisturizer locks the moisture in.

The other one I like is that *fill in a high percentage* of women saw a definite improvement to their appearance.

Well -- yeah. They got this stuff and started really looking. I never really inspect my face -- I slap the spackle on, tweeze a few crazy hairs and I'm off. Give me something that might be a bit more emollient and make me inspect my face for six weeks and I'd see an improvement, too, because I'd bet I'd take far better care of my face then, too.

And, although it SOUNDS sceintific... there's no scientificness about a percentage of women seeing better skin.... doesn't mean the skin IS better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty