Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
When I first saw the pagent pics,I was like "wow,women who .....look like me".
Then of course,as more replied, the women were considered "unattractive", obese,with sloppy arms,and messy hairdos.
Some even accused them of being men.

Ahh..women before plastic surgery.
I thought the same thing

Of course, I know I'm not super attractive and slightly mannish (due to my height and body shape) so the comments don't really surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 04:36 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yes they did that was obvious and probably would've been more so if you hadn't been drunk. what a shame... well since you have aspergers daugther just so you know they (teen aspies) are prone to naivete and getting taken advantage of. it's off the topic, but just saying about people that may be in a situation like that unwittingly.

2011? I thought you were talking about something that happened many many years ago. Geez that was recent.
It was the beginning of January last year. I do worry about my daughter and her being taken advantage of.

Where I am now and where I was then are light years apart...... That is a good thing. Where I was before that was even worse, so, I am in a positive light and things in my life are much more positive!

Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
When I first saw the pagent pics,I was like "wow,women who .....look like me".
Then of course,as more replied, the women were considered "unattractive", obese,with sloppy arms,and messy hairdos.
Some even accused them of being men.

Ahh..women before plastic surgery.
Well, you can know that your body is your own and be proud of it!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The unfit issue is debatable. Modern woman who are as skinny as a rail or cut like body male body builders is a new thing...most woman in the past has a natural coating of fat....some nice estrogen producing female fat...Now men wonder why they can not score with modern skinny fatless woman? It's because they are so skinny that they lack estrogen..no estrogen...no sex drive- no response.

Actually that doesn't happen until death bed level of body fat.

Things that affect sex drive:
- too low body fat that affects hormones - enough to stop periods etc. (anorexia level of body fat %)
- to high body fat that affects hormones - (obesity)
- being unfit

(not covering emotion issues, medications or diseases as the list could go on and on)

Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
So I'm guessing you wouldn't be offended if I said all women, regardless of age, only want to marry men with the most money and/or best job?
Honestly, yes and no. There is a reason why they say suits turn on women the way lingere turns on men. It's not about the most money, it's about job security, intelligence, and maturity which feeds into our want for finding a secure mate whether we are actually aware of it or not. Why do you think military wives are usually hot? Because men in uniform get the creme of the crop. Rich does not always = secure...believe me I lived in Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Uhhh, estrogen actually suppresses your sex drive, as any woman on the pill or hormone supplements can tell you. Testosterone is commonly prescribed to women with low libidos.
True...one of the pills worse side effects is that it lowers sex drive. Oh, the irony of it all !

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
The one in blue, Katherine. She has very distinct features which probably aren't everyone's cup of tea but I think are far more interesting than most pageant participants.
She is so gorgeous. She is/was Miss Alabama? Wow, she hit the genetic jackpot.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Many of these pageant women are really nice ladies beleive it or not. But they definitely know their 'value/worth' to men in the looks department. All the men that claim these kind of women work them over, is a lie. I mostly seen they didn't have to do anything to get the men to start handing over money and showing off in their presence.

Handing over money?

Old 09-20-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mörkrädd View Post
New Jersey is such a painfully vapid place.

worse than West Palm Beach or South Florida? I lived in South Florida for 5 years and never knew such vapidity existed.

I can't speak for Jersey as I have only driven through but I would be interested to hear your opinion on this since you live in South Florida.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:24 AM

Out of reps for calipoppy-

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing all the diverse photos. It was interesting!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I should change my username.
Why do people feel the need to take jabs at Nj?
I guess some people must be jealous of our wealth.

Actually, if they want to be jealous technically Massachusetts is the US state with the most wealth.

We are also staunch Dems...even our republicans are liberal. How would you explain this staunch repulicans who think Dems over-tax and mess up economies? We are the richest state in the nation with something like 6% unemployment during a recession.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-20-2012 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 09-20-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
worse than West Palm Beach or South Florida? I lived in South Florida for 5 years and never knew such vapidity existed.

I can't speak for Jersey as I have only driven through but I would be interested to hear your opinion on this since you live in South Florida.

Ehh...the most vapid place I think is Los Angeles. South Florida beach communities are a runner up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty