Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:10 PM

472 posts, read 1,097,792 times

Advertisements

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong here but doesn't the thread read TATTOO LOVERS... Not TATTOO HATERS. This was intended for lovers, so you haters can go hate elsewhere. Clearly you who don't like tattoos can't relate to the "why hide your tattoos under clothes" so go start a thread titled "for the tattoo dislikers, why I care that someone has a tattoo."

It's old now. Instead of white collar, blue collar, it's tattooed and non tattooed. Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You know, my tattoos are just a part of me, I don't really notice them most of the time, and I don't feel any different than anyone else who does or doesn't have tattoos.
Same here. They're just me.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Pointed or blunt yes but why waste words to make your point as long as they are not personal insults??
Oh, I don't care if you're blunt. Or sarcastic. I'm just surprised that you wouldn't expect to be treated in kind.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:19 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Some of us aren't considering a life of crime. I have a scar that could ID me just as well as my tattoos.

Besides, if I decide to go rogue, I'll just cover my tattoos with spray tattoo so as to keep the po-po off my trail.
I have a completely clean criminal and DMV record. In fact, the worst crime I ever committed was having someone rear end a car I was driving, and that wasn't even my fault!

As for IDing me if I did decide to go into a life of crime, I'm a 6'1 redheaded woman... I learned a LONG time ago that I stood out in a crowd. I'm not one to blend in, tattoos or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Maybe I should have worded it differently.

Basically by legitimate I mean belonging to and with a certain group; especially those that share your interests.

A lot of my friends never got (visible) tattoos; so if I one day showed up with (the start of) sleeves I'm sure they would question what I was doing.

If I belonged in a certain "circle" that accepted tattoos I wouldn't feel as de-legitimized. That's all I was saying.

I get that a part of certain tattoos and tattoo culture is "IDAF about what other's think" but speaking personally I would feel the need to hang out with people with tattoos to be comfortable with having a lot of them on my body.

Then again I'm talking artistic sleeves which are relatively rare and somewhat extreme. And usually the ones that are done well are beautiful and are running in some sort of eclectic circle anyway, like musician or artist.
It's funny, because I'm the only heavily tattooed person in my 'circle' of friends. The next most tattooed is my sister and has a quarter sleeve and a small tattoo on the left side of her chest. Not a single one of my close friends has tattoos below their elbows and I'm the only one to have any on my face/neck. I know a lot of musicians and artists, most of them have small ones on their backs or legs, nothing conspicuous at all.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Hey, everyone. Since most of you like tattoos then watch the movie "John Carter" to get an eyeful of Martian Tattoos!!

This movie is a fantasy that I enjoyed very much but the Martians in the movie gave tattooing a whole new meaning!!

Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
I have tattoos all over my body, but i work in an office and obviously have to wear a shirt, however if i wear a short sleeve shirt, everyone can see them.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times
I have 4 tattoos that are relatively hidden unless I either wear a really low cut shirt or put my hair up. Then you would spot 2 of them. If I'm wearing a bikini then you could see all 4 easily.

The main reason I had them put in places not always seen is because I mainly work office jobs. So the ability to not have them on constant display (and thus be judged about them) is minimal. The last thing I want is some narrow minded person to not offer me a job because I have a tattoo showing. The other reason is for me it's kind of like a secret. Only special people get to see them and see where they are (if I'm not in a bikini). However I've worked with people who have more tattoos than me and had bigger ones and didn't think any different of them for it.

While I am tempted to get one on my shoulder blade next, I've been hesitant. Not because that one will be more visible, but because it's going to be huge and will cost a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty