U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,939,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I agree that many highly "respectable" people have tattoos these days. Heck, I know an attorney (some may argue that attorneys are not necessarily respectable, LOL), who has one. In fact, most of the "older" people (over 40, including women) I come in contact with have them and most of those people are on the "upscale" end of society. I was just raised with a certain set of values. I do not consider myself "out of touch" or old fashioned and I do not consider that everyone who has a tattoo has criminal tendencies. I just personally think they are nasty and I am repulsed by them. It's hard to pretend you like something that grosses you out.

20yrsinBranson
I did not say that YOU were judgmental towards respectable people with tattoos, I was suggesting that some people really are. I have know a couple of them.

Quote:
I was just raised with a certain set of values.
Although this does suggest some degree of judgmentalism. I have heard this reteric before.

Quote:
I do not consider myself "out of touch" or old fashioned
I beg to differ on this one. I have read your posts before. You definitely are an old school country girl, no offense, that's just the way I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times
I was raised with values, am old fashioned, and a country girl. I also have tattoos.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,939,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I was raised with values, am old fashioned, and a country girl. I also have tattoos.
That is true. Many country people have tattoos, many of which are conservative. Now you have to understand, I was making a big generalization. There will always be exceptions to the rule, but I usually find the judgmental people of the more conservative and older demographic. What this means is that I still think that your tattoos are more of a big deal (behind your back) than they would be in Seattle, SF or NYC. Also, despite your personal experiences to the contrary, seniors in general tend to be the more judgmental type, at least that is what I have seen. I am happy that you met older, more conservative people that appreciated your tattoos, but do not expect that to be the case everywhere.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:21 PM

3,718 posts, read 4,594,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't like them. I think those who get them will be sorry someday, either because they wish they hadn't gotten them at all, or because they don't like the tattoo they chose anymore.
That is why people should put time and effort into the design that they want. From there, think about all the outcomes that can come from getting a tattoo and the design that's been chosen.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,463,933 times
Ahhh after all the banter here on this thread we have ascertained what all of us pretty much knew to begin with;
Some people like tattoo's.
Some people don't like tattoo's.

A huge congratulation's on all your efforts.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM

654 posts, read 878,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
That is true. Many country people have tattoos, many of which are conservative. Now you have to understand, I was making a big generalization. There will always be exceptions to the rule, but I usually find the judgmental people of the more conservative and older demographic. What this means is that I still think that your tattoos are more of a big deal (behind your back) than they would be in Seattle, SF or NYC. Also, despite your personal experiences to the contrary, seniors in general tend to be the more judgmental type, at least that is what I have seen. I am happy that you met older, more conservative people that appreciated your tattoos, but do not expect that to be the case everywhere.
Are you saying that people who are conservative politically are more judgmental of tattoos?

I live in a fairly liberal area...I think older people of any political view tend to view them less favorably.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:57 AM

6,056 posts, read 7,958,521 times
I don't like them. I doubt I'll ever get one. But I have plenty of friends with tattoos and I've dated guys with tattoos. I just don't like them for myself.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:00 PM

18,542 posts, read 13,683,613 times
I'm indifferent to tattos in general. I do appreciate the very good ones. The only time I find them less than Ideal is if it is a very beautiful woman or the Tats that poorly done.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:22 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm indifferent to tattos in general. I do appreciate the very good ones. The only time I find them less than Ideal is if it is a very beautiful woman or the Tats that poorly done.
I love seeing them on a beautiful woman.....

Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,303,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I love seeing them on a beautiful woman.....
I love seeing good tattoos on any woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty