U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:20 AM

414 posts, read 855,104 times

Advertisements

Just curious about this one. I'm 24 and in the last 3 months have noticed quite a few small "smile lines" showing up around my eyes. They don't bother me, but I thought I'd at least make it until my 30's before I got those To be fair, I do spend a lot of time outside (even with sunscreen) and have been a little stressed recently, so it's no real surprise.

When can I start using them to attract women that go for older men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 09:22 AM

11,686 posts, read 13,074,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqTeacher View Post
Just curious about this one. I'm 24 and in the last 3 months have noticed quite a few small "smile lines" showing up around my eyes. They don't bother me, but I thought I'd at least make it until my 30's before I got those To be fair, I do spend a lot of time outside (even with sunscreen) and have been a little stressed recently, so it's no real surprise.

Give it a shot this weekend, and report back

Old 09-22-2012, 06:36 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,481,140 times
Moved as his is not a health question.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Well,I have noticed my laugh lines getting a little deeper,but that could be from weight loss.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:22 AM

72 posts, read 67,859 times
From 20 on, aging takes place. I would say every 10 years you look like a complete different person. Mid thirties is when you start getting a lot of lines and it goes downhill after that.

Besides wrinkles, you will also lose hair volume, skin texture(bigger pores), bigger nose, fat in the wrong places, smaller lips, deeper scars, bigger ears, age spots, gray hair, sunken eyes, loose skin and many medical problems like high blood preassure, cancerous cells, acid reflux, arthritis, cholesterol etc.

Did I forget anything?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:17 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,779,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Dulcinea View Post
From 20 on, aging takes place. I would say every 10 years you look like a complete different person. Mid thirties is when you start getting a lot of lines and it goes downhill after that.

Besides wrinkles, you will also lose hair volume, skin texture(bigger pores), bigger nose, fat in the wrong places, smaller lips, deeper scars, bigger ears, age spots, gray hair, sunken eyes, loose skin and many medical problems like high blood preassure, cancerous cells, acid reflux, arthritis, cholesterol etc.

Did I forget anything?
Yup! Dementia! And then you don't care about any of that on your list! Be happy.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,267,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqTeacher View Post

poor thing. you must be white with very fair skin

Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 AM

11,686 posts, read 13,074,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Dulcinea View Post
From 20 on, aging takes place. I would say every 10 years you look like a complete different person. Mid thirties is when you start getting a lot of lines and it goes downhill after that....
Lines? My mother and father and their siblings were heavily lined in their forties and fifties. With that genetic inheritance I should have been carrying my face in a net by thirty-five. But....I got my first "laugh lines" at the corner of my eyes in my mid-sixties and one - and one only - line across the forhead. Aside from that supple, wrinkless face skin.

With ill health and a difficult eye surgery in my early seventies, my face now looks old, and though now my jowls are sagging too, the texture of my face skin remains the same - supple and unwrinkled.

I am the only one of my cousins that I know whose skin has stayed this way; thus, in part at least my genetic heredity is an exception. (And I know for certain that my parents are truly my natural parents.)

However, personal lifestyle has much to do with it too, I believe. For reasons having nothing to do with bodybuilding or anything like that, I pursued a diet high in protein, and much vitamin E supplementation (not for skin reasons)....and then after several decades of heavy smoking and boozing, zero booze and smokes. Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, lots of poultry and fish - very little of other meats, extra virgin olive oil.

But true, in any case, no matter how it goes there is just ageing, decay and death. Your mileage may vary, but the route and the destination remains the same.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Everyone starts showing those little wrinkles at a different age/time in their lives and it is not specific to being white, black, brown, purple, orange, green, yellow or any other color. What does make a differance is how much stress you are under, if you have lost weight or gained weight, how much time you have spent in the sun without sunscreen, if you tan in a tanning booth, how often and how much time you spend there, genetics, if you use moisturizer and a list of many other things.

As far as using them to attract others, I'm pretty sure every time you leave your home you stand a good chance to attract others unless of course those others are already inside your home.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:41 AM

40,885 posts, read 32,642,286 times
Everyone is different. I am in my early fifties and still have no wrinkles on my face. All I notice is that I have a bit less elasticity - but actually, I really like my face right now because my bone structure is more apparent than it was when I was younger, and I like the look.

I have noticed some loss of elasticity under my chin. I ASSURE you that within five years, unless I hit rock bottom financially, I will get that tucked and tightened! But that's all I plan on doing. I figure that if I don't have smile lines now, even if I have them five years from now, they surely can't be that "bad" since I'm already ahead of the eight ball!

Good, tight, firm skin runs in my family. Note - we are olive complected and have dark eyes and dark hair. I do think that plays a role in skin health and firmness usually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty