U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are blonde males seen as highly desirable?
Yes, cream of the crop, top of the ladder 35 21.47%
Yes, but men with darker features are more admired 19 11.66%
Not more or less than any other kind of men 71 43.56%
Not at all 38 23.31%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:55 PM

18,986 posts, read 23,854,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveEasy View Post
So I have heard SO MANY MIXED THINGS ON THIS

1. Blonde hair blue eyed men are desired worldwide and can get women on a drop of a heartbeat because of it

and

2. Blonde hair blue eyed men are seen as feminine and women generally go for men with darker hair and tanned skin

I hear of how a Blonde guy can walk into Brazil and have beautiful women throwing themselves at him.

If we were to run an experiment, say put a handsome man with black hair and brown eyes and a handsome man with blonde hair and blue eyes in a country and ask them to try and hook up with as many women as possible, would you believe that a blonde man would have a significant advantage?

Right now, darker men are popular. So are darker women.

There are blond blue eyed men who are entirely too fair for me. They don't tan at all or freckle and they have light eyelashes.

My dad and other family members are blond (well now my dad is gray) but have darker eyelashes and eyebrows and they tan.

I love that look!

I also like medium complected men. Brown hair and green or hazel eyes. Really swarthy white men to not attract me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 06:22 AM

204 posts, read 264,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Easy to find someone then, considering that 90+% of the world has that combination.
Sprite associates with a specific sort of crowd

I'm ash blonde with greenish blue eyes and long eye lashes. In Europe I'm just another but in the USA I frequently get comments about my eyes and it's obvious when a girl zones in on them (usually when I'm wearing a green or blue shirt). It's like all of a sudden they have a blank stare and their pupils get really large. I'm certain it's helped me in job interviews because I've always believed in looking at people in the eye when I speak

Treat us well ladies, we are a dying breed.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:35 AM

204 posts, read 264,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Right now, darker men are popular. So are darker women.

There are blond blue eyed men who are entirely too fair for me. They don't tan at all or freckle and they have light eyelashes.

My dad and other family members are blond (well now my dad is gray) but have darker eyelashes and eyebrows and they tan.

I love that look!

I also like medium complected men. Brown hair and green or hazel eyes. Really swarthy white men to not attract me.
Eh. It's natural to go against your household when you are young. I wasn't into White girls for a few years when I was younger.

"Rare" will always attract the most attention. I definitely agree the Globes prototypical combination is "Beauty & the Beast" women being light and angelic while the men more dark and mysterious. Furthermore the "Nice guys finish last" argument and I definitely think sometimes light haired/eyes guys are viewed as too clean. So facial hair really helps

Something like

Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 AM

2,181 posts, read 2,182,796 times
what about brown hair and blue eyes?

Old 05-01-2014, 01:06 PM

20,579 posts, read 15,194,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
what about brown hair and blue eyes?
Dark hair with blue eyes. That one is pretty universally attractive. People pick and choose what they deem as attractive.
Attached Thumbnails
The desirability of the Blonde Hair Blue Eyed male-blue-eyes.jpg   The desirability of the Blonde Hair Blue Eyed male-blue-eyes2.jpg  

Old 05-01-2014, 03:05 PM

13,698 posts, read 15,856,784 times
I prefer dark hair and light eyes.

But my husband is blonde and blue.

Go figure.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:07 PM

777 posts, read 858,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbye_hello View Post
Sprite associates with a specific sort of crowd
"Specific sort of crowd?"

Old 11-01-2018, 02:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,008 times
I LOVE men with blonde hair and big blue eyes & I definitely prefer it over darker haired men any day.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:29 AM

669 posts, read 248,431 times
Blonde men do not age well....imho..(Robert Redford comes to mind). I prefer dark hair with a trimmed beard. [Mod cut.] MARRIED [snip]..now balding. Love him much!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-01-2018 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: Please don't turn this into a discussion about height.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:19 PM

1,054 posts, read 545,110 times
I don't know about other people, but I STRONGLY prefer dark hair and dark eyes on men. Especially dark hair. Blonde men are not typically attractive to me. Blue eyes with dark hair is pretty intriguing though. I married a dark haired, dark eyed guy. I have 3 sons, all dark haired, dark eyed like their dad. I think they are the most handsome guys around, not that I'm a bit biased I have brown eyes but dark blonde hair...clearly his coloring won out. None of them are super fair skinned like me either.

I feel like blonde women are more preferred but not blonde men, in my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or