Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM

275 posts, read 1,281,633 times

Advertisements

I recently discovered that KMart has very cheap clothes, and shipping is free for purchase over about $5. I was wondering what quality KMart clothes are generally?

How is it compared to other stores, such as Target, Walmart, ...?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM

15,128 posts, read 27,673,702 times
The same low quality as at the other stores......

Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,630,306 times
It depends what you buy. I have bought some jackets, coats, and loungewear from K-mart and it wears just as well as any other clothing. In general I have not found higher-end department store designer clothes, and I'm not talking haute-couture, but Jones of New York for example or Liz Claiborne, to 'wear' any better than Target or K-mart.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,788,401 times
I ordered a bunch of items online. I found sizing was a bit inconsistent and most items seemed to made of much thinner fabrics than similar items at Target. Your mileage may vary. I ordered like 8 things and returned 6 of them. Since all of the Kmarts are pretty far for me, and not in areas I frequent, I probably won't order again.

On the other hand, I am happy with some recent Sears purchases. I'd take advantage of the $5 shipping and wait for some discounts on the UK style collection at Sears and a few of the other brands. Even some of the Kardashian collection stuff was really cute.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,708,579 times
I have been buying K-Mart's Pink brand bras for years - they hold up really well to repeated washing. I like their Basic Edition brand of clothes - again they look good for years. I only buy the all-cotton shirts, pants, and shorts. I didn't think Wal-.Mart stuff looked as good or held up as well. Target didn't have anything I liked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 PM

563 posts, read 1,268,144 times
Kmart has good clothes, in my opinion. Their men's shorts, underwear and jackets (one of which I've had for 10 years going strong) have all been way better than Target. Their shirts can be very hit or miss, though. The big thing I love about Kmart is that nobody likes to shop there, so I can almost always find insanely incredible deals.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:11 AM

484 posts, read 852,922 times
that latin actress with the aweful deep sing-yyyyyy talk voice has a line for k-mart and she claims that she wears her own line . I can't remerember her name she is very annoying her voice and is on some prime time show and does cover girl commericals with Ellen. She was on ET tonight talking about how she has added shoes accessories faux jewels and home decor.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 AM

275 posts, read 1,281,633 times

Sofia Vergara (Ellen) - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
that latin actress with the aweful deep sing-yyyyyy talk voice has a line for k-mart and she claims that she wears her own line . I can't remerember her name she is very annoying her voice and is on some prime time show and does cover girl commericals with Ellen. She was on ET tonight talking about how she has added shoes accessories faux jewels and home decor.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:17 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,109,197 times
The capri's I get and wear daily no matter what the season I can only get at KMart and I've had a few pairs of them for about 3 years now and they are still going strong. I wear them out and about running errands but others I have I wear to sleep in and they are $7.00 each unless I can find them on sale for $5.00 each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty