U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:50 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by askme View Post
Can you tell me exactly which stuff you get from Avon, they has so many products I wouldn't know which one is the best. Thanks.
Sure I use the Vitamin C Serum at night, wow what a difference it has made in my skin I have very little sun damage now and tiny pores.. And I use the Anew firming eye cream, not one line. I have contacts and I am constantly pulling at my eyes under and eyelids, this keeps them really firm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 09:07 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,969,971 times
I really like Arbonne's REpair Corrective Eye Créme.

Other than that, I just use Creme de La Mer as a mosturizer.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,565,550 times
My skin takes a beating with eating lot's of sweets, smoking and the aggressive sun and tan sessions here in FL.
I have tried some of the more expensive products out there (never really thought I needed any of this stuff, until I got older and into a "skin regime")
I have had numerous complaints about the more expensive stuff (break outs, to much money spend for no or very little results, and I am AGAINST animal testings!!!)
So, I gave Mary Kay products a shot, and YES they do WORK!
I feel a difference, and SEE a difference (and NOT ONLY in my wallet!), especially with the wrinkles around my eyes.
The deep wrinkles from my nose to the corners of my mouth I will have to tackle with Restylane injections. (No cream is helping me with those suckers.....shucks! )

Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,208,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sure I use the Vitamin C Serum at night, wow what a difference it has made in my skin I have very little sun damage now and tiny pores.. And I use the Anew firming eye cream, not one line. I have contacts and I am constantly pulling at my eyes under and eyelids, this keeps them really firm.
I have friends who rave about the Avon Anew line, especially the new Anew Ultimate Age Repair Cream. I haven't tried it, but considering it soon.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:44 PM

87 posts, read 337,952 times
Default Good deal, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I may have confused the formulas but here's an article on it: THe one sold here in the U.S. is similar to the original formula. But I guess it works just as well.

Boots - Britain's health and beauty expert, now available in the US. (http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.asp?pid=4114 - broken link)
Thanks for sharing. I am interested. The UK product is the Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum and the US product is the Restore and Renew Beauty Serum.
Remember a few years back there was a rave over some other cream that was first used for stretch marks, then someone tried it on their face and claimed it worked for wrinkles and everyone was going after that? Does anyone remember what it was called?

Last edited by askme; 10-11-2007 at 01:55 PM..

Old 10-11-2007, 02:21 PM

1,889 posts, read 6,988,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by askme View Post
Remember a few years back there was a rave over some other cream that was first used for stretch marks, then someone tried it on their face and claimed it worked for wrinkles and everyone was going after that? Does anyone remember what it was called?

Stryvectin? (bad spelling).

Just an update on Boots No. 7- I bought the Refine & Rewind - Intense Perfecting Serum. I tried it last night and boy was my face TIGHT this morning! No kidding- I woke up this morning and thought- wow my skin looks...different. I completely forgot that I just slathered this stuff on the night before. It claims that 65% of users noticed an improvement after 7 days. I think this one is a keeper. I'm heading back to target today to buy some more.

Also there's a sale at my Target on boots products (buy any 2 items from that line and get a $5 Target Gift Card).

Old 10-12-2007, 03:25 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,941,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I have friends who rave about the Avon Anew line, especially the new Anew Ultimate Age Repair Cream. I haven't tried it, but considering it soon.
Try It, I had a couple of bad acne scars and after 3 weeks of the stuff they are barely noticable.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:23 PM

4 posts, read 16,103 times
Boots Restore & Renew really works (the science behind the trials is very sound) and it is great value for money. I have compiled a list of the best - and worst - anti-aging creams and serums based on my own and readers experiences, as well as documented scientific trials:
Truth in Aging

Old 01-07-2008, 12:26 PM

4 posts, read 16,103 times
Default Boots Restore & Renew really works

No 7 Restore & Renew has been subject to scientific trials that suggest it works almost as well as prescription creams. Its a real bargain at around $21. I have researched the best and worst anti-aging serums - based on my and my readers' experiences and, where available, published trial data. See Truth in Aging

Old 01-07-2008, 04:49 PM

290 posts, read 985,111 times
You're best off going with copper peptides, renova (or retina-a, depending on your skin type) and AHA and BHA peels. These are scientifically PROVEN to work. Most all else that you can buy is just an expensive gimick with no scientific basis. Listen, women have been using "moisturizers," "night creams" and various "potions" for generations. Wouldn't you see a whole lot of ageless women out there if they actually worked? Don't waste money on that crap. Go for that (small) handful of things that are really going to actively remodel your skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty