U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:02 PM

218 posts, read 995,645 times

Advertisements

The best anti wrinkle cream is a good sunscreen. I use sunscreen everyday even if I'm hanging around the house. I had a pre-cancerous growth taken from my face years ago by a plastic surgeon and he scared the daylights out of me. Then a couple of years ago my dermatologist recommended that I use sunscreen at home since I use compact fluorecent bulbs. I may have some issues with my skin but wrinkles not at all and I hit the mid century mark last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 08:52 PM

465 posts, read 2,211,035 times
Skinceuticals C+E serum. Awesome! Also their B5 gel, which makes skin supple again, like a baby's butt!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:51 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,141,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
You're best off going with copper peptides, renova (or retina-a, depending on your skin type) and AHA and BHA peels. These are scientifically PROVEN to work. Most all else that you can buy is just an expensive gimick with no scientific basis. Listen, women have been using "moisturizers," "night creams" and various "potions" for generations. Wouldn't you see a whole lot of ageless women out there if they actually worked? Don't waste money on that crap. Go for that (small) handful of things that are really going to actively remodel your skin.
And if any of the above worked (incl. the last sentence), the stars and socialites wouldn't go under the knife! That being said, I also buy my fair share of more or less expensive hope.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:12 PM

18,020 posts, read 17,167,297 times
Avon Anew. It's amazing. I bought mine on ebay. I've also heard really good things about Boots7 and I wish I knew which one is better.

Vitamin C creams will help younger skin but from what I've read, it doesn't do much for older skin. Does the Boots7 have the copper peptides?

Old 01-08-2008, 02:07 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,174,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Avon Anew. It's amazing. I bought mine on ebay. I've also heard really good things about Boots7 and I wish I knew which one is better.

Vitamin C creams will help younger skin but from what I've read, it doesn't do much for older skin. Does the Boots7 have the copper peptides?

I tried Boots 7 and did not like it. I read on the web in more than a few places that the Boots 7 they send to America is not "as strong" as the original one in England. I even have read that people in America will buy the "real one" on sites like E-bay from Englanders.

Nicole

Old 01-13-2008, 07:03 PM

48 posts, read 144,400 times
Right now for my night time moisturizer I'm using Oil of Olay mixed with vitamin E from a capsule. I really like it so far, but am on a search for the Boots #7 that I've been reading about!

Old 01-14-2008, 07:59 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,897,507 times
Mayo and yogurt. Inexpensive and work very well. Have tried many of the expensive creams and these work just as well. Right now using a mix of olive oil, lemon juice and honey.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:18 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,097,926 times
Recently read a report in Consumer reports that tested many of the most famouse US brands. It concluded that Oil of Olay had the best results. I don't remember the exact product but it was within the last few months so is very current.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:23 PM

25 posts, read 174,211 times
Skin Ceuticals Retinol 1.0 and CE Ferulic ! The best. Also SPF 30 every day no matter what!!!! Skin Ceuticals Ultimate UV defense is the best, not greasy at all. Im an esthetician , I know what works! For product reviews try makeupalley.com ... great place to see what other people think about products before you purchase them!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 AM

4 posts, read 16,105 times
Default Mojo is right about copper perptides

Copper peptides are very effective and there is a lot of clinical trial data to back that up (they are used to treat scars on people who have been seriously wounded). Super Cop 2X is a good product for deep wrinkles and acne scars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty