U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,059 times

Advertisements

Loreal Derma Genesis Pore Minimising Smoother:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=220452595405

Bargin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 06:41 PM
cbz

22 posts, read 93,747 times
I've been reading all the posts and decided to run to target (after some online review reading) and purchase some of the Boots products. I came back and decided to read some more and read reviews that it is a great moisturizer but really doesn't have that much bang in dealing with wrinkles - instead they said the Roc products were superior for anti aging - anyone have any experience with Roc?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:43 PM

3 posts, read 6,865 times
Yes! The ROC eye cream is very effective. More effective than expensive Department Store Brands. Go to Look Younger Now for more info on this and other effective and reasonable brands. I don't promote free trials, so it's not biased.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:45 PM

3 posts, read 6,865 times
The ROC eye cream is excellent. Go to Look Younger Now for reviews on ROC eye and Revitalift deep wrinkle. Both are effective and have clinical trials to back them up.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM

948 posts, read 1,370,972 times
1. Kinerese: Moisturizer for younger skin and for older skin try their night repair cream and extreme facelift. I swear by them and so does my current dermatologist-he even uses the extreme facelift.
2. I had adult acne for years and my skin is way to sensitive for Retin-A and even milder RX cream. I had read that glycolic peels can help treat problem acne. I asked my former dermatologist about it and he told me they worked very well but that he was not trained on how to apply them but he had plans on bringing on a partner who was younger and was capable of performing that procedure and others. I waited the year, switched to his new partner and had it done. The product is called Refinity Chemical Peel by Cosmederm. It keeps my skin acne free, my freckles disappeared and the has kept away the wrinkles. I have one every 2-3 months, the cost is minimal, and safer then going to a "spa" for one of their peels.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:14 AM

5 posts, read 9,757 times
I am gonna be 25.I know Anti-aging skin care is an important aspect in every woman's life. After the age of 25 all women must get regular facials done so as to keep their skin's elasticity intact. So I wanna know about some online organization which can guide me for Anti Wrinkle Creams properly. I know the site BeautyAndHealthCare.org - More Beauty & Better Health. Do you know about any other site like this??

Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 AM

5 posts, read 9,757 times
Do you have any idea??

Old 09-11-2009, 06:39 AM

948 posts, read 1,370,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariakrstn5 View Post
I am gonna be 25.I know Anti-aging skin care is an important aspect in every woman's life. After the age of 25 all women must get regular facials done so as to keep their skin's elasticity intact. So I wanna know about some online organization which can guide me for Anti Wrinkle Creams properly. I know the site BeautyAndHealthCare.org - More Beauty & Better Health. Do you know about any other site like this??
Facials while improving the texture and tone of the skin cannot keep elasticity intact. Only your bodies collagen can do that and some laser treatments that stimulate collagen growth.

Approx. 90% of wrinkles are caused by sun exposure. If you are young wear lots of sunscreen and wear a hat. I am in my 40's and look very young. Part of it is good genes but also the fact that I stay out of the sun. I am now at an age where I should be developing some wrinkles due to the other 10% but again good genes and the quarterly mild chemical peel I get to keep my acne in check keeps those at bay.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:48 PM

1,644 posts, read 4,013,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
There was recently a huge thing in the UK. The BBC aired a program that put these creams to the test and Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect was shown to actually diminish wrinkles in 8-12 weeks. After that aired, people lined up at Boots all over (it is what in the US we would call a drug store) to buy it. It is available now in the US under the name Boots No. 7 Restore & Renew Serum. It is sold at Target and CVS. It sold out when it arrived at CVS in NYC back in July.

I have never tried it so I can't vouch for it. If you Google "Boots No. 7 Restore and Renew" you can read about it.
Yep-have been using Boots No7 or Avon Anew for last 10 years.I live in the UK and a US company have taken Boots over-hnece available in Target.Their time delay range is cheaper and I think just as good-just started using serum/day/night and eye.
Before that I tried Clarins,Elizabeth Ardin etc etc etc.
BTW I had a really bad reaction to Aveda products.
Remember best thing for wrinkles is drinking water-my lines become noticeably deeper at the end of the day if I haven't drunk enough water.
Also like L'oreal skin care and some oil of olay-the more expensive range-regenerist, came out well in trials too.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:17 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariakrstn5 View Post
After the age of 25 all women must get regular facials done so as to keep their skin's elasticity intact.

What??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty