Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:34 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I thought you were done pretending to be female.
Fail.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 AM

Enough Nyanna please, point taken moving on.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM

472 posts, read 1,097,276 times
I think she looks good. I think if she were to get any skinnier then she wouldn't look as good.

Although, there's a difference in an athletes body and the body of a woman who works out and is tone but has never played sports. At least I think so. I played sports and still do, I have never really had curves, per say, or a very defined waist. My boyfriend jokes that I have the body of a 16 year old boy.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:40 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie ribbons View Post
It's a negative thing to challenge a woman's feminity. So don't try to smooth things over by saying you like the androgynous look--I'm not falling for that BS. Nice try tho. It's insulting to say a woman looks like a man, period.
Only if she doesn't want to.
So no...there is no universal insult.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,587,954 times
Quote:
There are plenty of non-feminine looking White, asian, and latino women but typically they are not put in vulnerable positions where they are routinely attacked for having masculine characteristics. You were wrong for what you said. Own up to it.
I disagree. Pretty much across the board, if a woman is perceived to be more masculine than feminine, people make other assumptions about her. For example, the whole butch lesbian stereotype - that gets applied regardless of race. The person in the OP pic doesn't look more masculine than feminine - not to me anyway - so it's probably a moot point for this thread.
Quote:
It's a negative thing to challenge a woman's feminity. So don't try to smooth things over by saying you like the androgynous look--I'm not falling for that BS. Nice try tho. It's insulting to say a woman looks like a man, period.
Saying someone looks slightly androgynous is not an insult and it's not saying that a woman looks like a man. That's pretty much the point of androgyny - not strongly feminine or masculine. There are plenty of people who go for that look and others too. Not everyone will conform to your ideals of attractiveness - this thread is asking for opinions.

This is my last response to your challenges in this thread as I think we're taking things off-topic.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:44 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,652,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneWithDallas View Post
I think she looks good. I think if she were to get any skinnier then she wouldn't look as good.

Although, there's a difference in an athletes body and the body of a woman who works out and is tone but has never played sports. At least I think so. I played sports and still do, I have never really had curves, per say, or a very defined waist. My boyfriend jokes that I have the body of a 16 year old boy.
Did you ever consider it might be genetics and not because you played sports?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
My boyfriend jokes that I have the body of a 16 year old boy.
I hope you're ok with that, because I wouldn't think that was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Did you ever consider it might be genetics and not because you played sports?
Probably both.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM

2,756 posts, read 4,410,920 times
No, she's not too muscular. She's beautiful.

Her abs aren't 6-packs (which I think looks too muscular on women) but her arms have some definition in them. Yes, she is a little too slender - but seeing ribs through the skin in women/models is more the norm these days. Yikes... when you think about it.

But I agree with others that her implants are unflattering. Call them too big, call it not enough of her own "natural breast tissues".... who cares. Just so fake you can't help to be drawn to them in a slightly negative way. They are more unflattering because she is so skinny and the tension in the skin on the chest is unpleasant. So yes, I agree that smaller implants would look better, because there would be less contrast with her boney chest in the way they attach/fall.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM

I think because most of you don't know anything about implants, you don't understand that smaller implants have smaller diameters, in contrast to the profile (mods, mod plus, high profiles). The girl posted has a fairly wide chest. I'm guessing she only has 350 cc's, which is a smaller implant anyway. If she got smaller implants, no doubt they would look even more fake because they wouldn't cover her breast width diameter. The only way she could get a more 'natural' appearing result is if she explanted and accepted having no natural breast tissue. But some woman like the round look, and don't care about how "natural" it appears and she may be one of those women.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Quote:

I think it has nothing to do with the sports. For example, it is very difficult to find a non inverted triangle type body for a bikini/fitness model. Most are built that way or with straighter figures. I eventually found a more pear shaped "fitness" model while on a mission for more realistic "fitspo" for myself:

Nic from Get fir with Nic
Moderator cut: image removed

I actually think the girls (and women) with more "voluptuous or curvy figures" for lack of a better term get filtered out before they get started. Probably because we couldn't find useful sports bras. It would be a very interesting study to say the least. To be honest, there were probably lots of sports I was well suited for, but not much by the way of proper athletic attire.

As a result, the perceived body shape of a female athlete looks more like a "swimmer" than "Kim Kardashian."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty