U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:07 PM

253 posts, read 1,014,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
Check out bagborroworsteal.com where you can "rent" coutoure handbags. I could not believe it when I heard of this website, but it's true. You can rent handbags such as Chanel, Versace, Gucci and more. When you are finished, send it back and choose another. Has anyone here ever used this service?
I know of this site. They often send me emails.I am a woman who is very serious about my designer bags. I absolutely hate fake bags If you cant afford a real bag then get something you can afford. That being said I cant see renting a bag though. Handbags are rather personal. Its so gross to share them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Those bags are fake.

Buy a classic bag you'll use for years. Don't buy a bag simply because it has a logo.

I have a $300 Cynthia Rowley bag (designer yes, but not logo'ed up) that I get compliments on every day. Coach and LV Logo is played out and tacky, IMO.
I dont know if you can call LV log tacky. I think there are too many fakes out there. LV is a classic design. My LV Alma Multicolor cost me $1200 dollars. It matches many outfits and never get old. I have many other bags from high end designers such as Gucci, Prada, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Luella, Dior, & Dolce & Gabanna & my opinon classic designers such as these are never tacky when they are real. Although I own a few Coach Bags I do consider them to be more of a casual bag in large part because they are so affordable. Although i barely carry my Coach bags any more I still will carry them if I want to carry of a very casual laid back look.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:32 PM

800 posts, read 3,894,373 times
I used to carry designer bags when I worked at a large law firm.

But, now, I carry Roxy or Dickies purses

Old 10-15-2007, 06:28 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,974,214 times
Quote:
That site is definitely fake. They have Hermes Birkins for $500! Birkins cost $10,000+ and are hand crafted, and there is an over 2 year waiting list for them

You're right, the site the original poster listed sells fakes and considering that's his/her only post, he/she was hoping to get some website traffic and sales.

Birkins can be had for under 10K and you don't necessarily have to wait 2 years for one. You can walk into an Hermes boutique and buy one off the shelf, if available (and if the SA wants to sell it to you.)

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 10-15-2007 at 06:39 PM..

Old 10-15-2007, 06:37 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,974,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I have many other bags from high end designers such as Gucci, Prada, Fendi, Marc Jacobs, Luella, Dior, & Dolce & Gabanna & my opinon classic designers such as these are never tacky when they are real.
D&G is hardly "classic", if anything, they're quite edgy. Nor would I consider Luella Bartley a "classic designer". (Fairly new designer and her bags can be quite trendy.)

Old 10-15-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
D&G is hardly "classic", if anything, they're quite edgy. Nor would I consider Luella Bartley a "classic designer". (Fairly new designer and her bags can be quite trendy.)
You're right about Luella to be classic designer. I didn't mean to say that. I meant to say the design was a classic design that you can wear for many seasons. I just love that bag & I personally think the Gisele bag is a timeless design. I should've mention my Judith Lieber. Now thats classic. As far Dolce & Gabanna (not D&G) I do consider to be timeless because I think a good bag by them never goes out of style. Just because a designer is edgy doesn't mean that the can't make edgy pieces IMHO. For example both Fendi & Gucci are classic designers but the make edgy pieces. I have a fox & rabbit fur Gucci & a Fendi skunk. Both bags are edgy & exotic which tends to be where my taste fall.

Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 AM

2,493 posts, read 3,066,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You're right, the site the original poster listed sells fakes and considering that's his/her only post, he/she was hoping to get some website traffic and sales.

Birkins can be had for under 10K and you don't necessarily have to wait 2 years for one. You can walk into an Hermes boutique and buy one off the shelf, if available (and if the SA wants to sell it to you.)
Yup. They were just trying to get website traffic. I reported the post so hopefully the moderator will at least remove the link to the website. I hate it when people do that. So irritating.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 AM

10,634 posts, read 16,217,607 times
The reason I said I think the logo bags are tacky (my opinion), is because they are horribly overdone and common. I'd rather have a unique designer bag, rather than a logo bag.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
The reason I said I think the logo bags are tacky (my opinion), is because they are horribly overdone and common. I'd rather have a unique designer bag, rather than a logo bag.
I happen to agree with you on that. It is the main reason that i barely carry my coach signature bags. It seems as if everyone & their mother is carrying one. Its kind of ruined a bag I used to love for me. Most of the bags I own are unique and are not all lfull of logo.I wear them because i like the brand, the designers & I have yet to run into someone wearing an identical bag.

I still love my LV though perhaps because its not the traditonal brown ones. I still love my multicolor i just hate to see all of the fakes out there. It makes me sick.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 PM

5,945 posts, read 12,728,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I have never spent more than $20 for a bag in my life. I have a simple black leather bag that I got at the flea market. When it wears out I will buy another that looks just like it.

Sorry, but I have more important uses for my money.
Ditto. Not only are these bags unethical (the materials they are made from as well as how they are produced), but they are overpriced for what they are. Complete waste of time (spent gawking and shopping) and money IMO.

Pretentious.

If you buy something for the label you're only trying to impress someone. It's not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty