Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
And I know plenty of women who married young and it was their reason not to go to college, have careers or live well rounded lives.

I know you are young yourself, but there are reasons that older people typically advise younger people to wait before getting married that have nothing to do with thinking that young people are stupid or being "judgmental" . And most of the reason is narrowed life experience.
I'm not much younger than you are and that does not have much to do with this topic.
Those losers may be the characters you spend time with but the few women I know who married young went to college and/or have skills that translate into a career. The real reason people advise against marrying young today (remember this is a new concept) is high divorce rate. Most of the divorces today are filed by people who got married perhaps too young. Your argument is flawed and it reveals the crowd you hang around with as being unmotivated and lazy.

Actually, most people advise people not to have children young. Most young people today don't even want to get married young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,799,529 times
I always thought those commercials with the women gushing how much they love their lean bellies rather odd. Ditto for tight bums or big breasts. Ooo, I love my *******, kiss kiss. Weird.

Only people who love their bodies or don't care what they look like are happy to walk around naked in public.
I don't think there are many overweight women who want to bare all to the world and be ridiculed. I've noticed that there are a hell of a lot of people on CD who seem to really hate and despise people who are overweight.

Breast are sexualized fatty milk glands, hence the name "jugs", as in jugs of milk. Guys don't care if mother's milk is seeping out. They still think they're hot.
Bare breasts are supposed to be sexy. the other female "sexy part" isn't easy to see, hence the emphasis on breasts. Male "sexy parts" are always covered. Actually, I find that most women are not necessarily turned on by men's "sexy parts", and we prefer them covered when not in use. Imagine if men walked around showing what they have or have not got.

Women often leak when they sit down. When the stuff dries it leaves a visible white residue, easily seen on a dark surface. If you like to sit around on the sofa naked, I hope you put down a towel beforehand.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Pear Martini, when you grow up, you'll realize there are a lot of reasons to avoid getting married in your early twenties that have nothing to do with your personal level of ambition, if your parents haven't already been properly advised you to begin with.

The reason that people who married young get divorced so readily is because marriage when you haven't reached a certain maturity level is stunting, which goes right back to what I said originally.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

Even as an adult, I wear respectable clothing.
To millions of women, what you wear isn't "respectable". Not just traditional Muslim women. Thousands of women right here in this country teach their daughters wearing anything besides a dress is immodest.

Of course, I'm sure they think they are more enlightened than you, and I'm sure you think you're more enlightened than them.

But I'm more enlightened than you both.

J/k.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
lol,

Is it appropriate for the situation like at
work, greengrocery shopping, dropping the kids off at school?
We seem to diss on people who do not dress appropriate for the situation.

I can see where it is, kind of, like at a beach that is posted, in your back yard,

Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
AS the original poster wrote "In a nutshell: women have boobs. Get over it."

How true. The trouble is the slobs that fall all over themselves when they go to a nude beach or visit certain areas of Europe. In America breast are mostly viewed as sexual objects and true a nice pair can stir a mans blood and some buffoons go over the top but for the most part breasts do add to a womans allure and beauty. I'm not saying a woman needs to have breasts to be beautiful but they do help.
Look back to the debacle at the Superbowl when janet jacksons boob was shown and the furor it caused. I didn't think it was a big deal it was what it was a wardrobe malfunction except for the context with Justin singing "I will have you naked by the end of this song" and he tears her top off. Not a good image for the kids. I had a coworker at the time whose wife flipped out because her young son saw a boob on TV. GET OVER IT. If the boy makes a big deal of it Explain it for what it was and move on.
I see nothing wrong with bare breasts on a topless beach.
I see nothing wrong with breast feeding in public as long as the woman is discreet about it which most are.
Boobs in context are sexy but boobs are here to stay and they are beautiful.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:29 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
AS the original poster wrote "In a nutshell: women have boobs. Get over it."

How true. The trouble is the slobs that fall all over themselves when they go to a nude beach or visit certain areas of Europe. In America breast are mostly viewed as sexual objects and true a nice pair can stir a mans blood and some buffoons go over the top but for the most part breasts do add to a womans allure and beauty.
This is really a misstated generalization. Guys I work for a European company and travel their like I travel to a neighboring town. In Europe, as in the US, public nudity is not generally accepted...except, OK maybe some beaches and parks. But i've seen nude beaches in both the US and Europe and other countries. These is some difference in tolerance between Europe and the US, but it's not that big. News flash - men in Europe can't keep their eyes off women with large breasts either. It's a western civilization thing, not an American thing. Actually, it's a human civilization thing (again go to my previous threads on natural evolutionary selection).
I am more amazed actually (and this thread history proves it) how women are so self-obsessed about their own anatomy. You women with big boobs - get over it. You aren't God's gift to manhood, but simply a reflexive instictive stirred they we inherited from the cave man. Forget about boobs, sometimes a man simply wants a woman that doesn't b*tch when we don't put the toilet seat down.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:51 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
This is really a misstated generalization. Guys I work for a European company and travel their like I travel to a neighboring town. In Europe, as in the US, public nudity is not generally accepted...except, OK maybe some beaches and parks. But i've seen nude beaches in both the US and Europe and other countries. These is some difference in tolerance between Europe and the US, but it's not that big. News flash - men in Europe can't keep their eyes off women with large breasts either. It's a western civilization thing, not an American thing. Actually, it's a human civilization thing (again go to my previous threads on natural evolutionary selection).
I am more amazed actually (and this thread history proves it) how women are so self-obsessed about their own anatomy. You women with big boobs - get over it. You aren't God's gift to manhood, but simply a reflexive instictive stirred they we inherited from the cave man. Forget about boobs, sometimes a man simply wants a woman that doesn't b*tch when we don't put the toilet seat down.
I AM a woman with big boobs and I never once thought I was Gods gift to manhood, and I don't flaunt my huge boobs either...

BTW: When the toilet seat is left up I say to my SO, "Look at that! That darned cat left the seat up again!!! "

Does that count as ******ing? I never think it does, because we both get a laugh out of it.....

Who knows, maybe all these years I have been leaving the seat down

Old 10-25-2012, 09:48 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
While I understand it is their lifestyle, I feel as though their definition of modesty has been defined by what a man has told them they must do.
arguably so has yours

Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,853,742 times
Hmmm.. somehow the leap has been made between having large breasts and being (self) percieved as "God's Gift". There are a few missing steps here. Having large breasts or liking your body does not automatically engage snobbiness, thinking more of yourself than you deserve to, being unapproachable, bitchy, etc. Perhaps the individuals who feel this way have stereotyped women due to their own issues with them. This is just as silly as saying that all blondes are stupid or all redheads have fiery tempers, or men with small penises aren't good in bed.

Enjoying your body is healthy. Appreciating what you have is healthy. We live in a culture that tells us to starve, alter or completely deny ourselves in order to fulfill what men want. And then the men get pissy if we say "You know, I have nice breasts. I like them. I feel attractive and happy." Suddenly we are weird, stuck up and undesireable. Men want a "normal" girl who won't complain about the toilet seat. Does this make sense to anyone? You can't win.

From where I am standing, there seem certain men who WANT women to be ashamed, unsure, insecure and obedient. A confident, happy, atttractive woman is automatically suspect. I am glad that I know very few of these men. Sometimes, it helps to be reminded of how many are out there. It makes me grateful that I have chosen my male companions very carefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty