Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 11:07 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I have hard-to-fit feet, so regardless of my age, shoe choices are limited. It would be nice if you could acknowledge what other posters are saying about different body types being hard to fit, and nice clothes being expensive and out of reach, even on sale, for a lot of people. Instead you continue to "toot your own horn" about how attractive you and your family members are, and how nice you dress. I think this whole thread was an excuse for you to do just that.
Ouch! I always enjoy Kathryn's posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:36 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
I have hard-to-fit feet, so regardless of my age, shoe choices are limited. It would be nice if you could acknowledge what other posters are saying about different body types being hard to fit, and nice clothes being expensive and out of reach, even on sale, for a lot of people. Instead you continue to "toot your own horn" about how attractive you and your family members are, and how nice you dress. I think this whole thread was an excuse for you to do just that.
OH give us peace woman.. Kathryn is an inspiration to us all... nasty comments there.so heres another toot for you... me four years ago now aged 66 and Ill even post my lovely family too hahaha..

Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,220,652 times
Quote:
kibbiekat

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Ouch! I always enjoy Kathryn's posts.
Oh boy, another one. My favorite quote "go fascinate someone else."

Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Well, sorry if I sounded harsh, but my reps tell me I'm not the only one with the same thought. I wonder if some people expect to see a woman in line at the food pantry dressed in flattering designer clothes. Or maybe some people have more important things to spend their time and money on.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:09 AM

Each to our own taste I suppose.. Kathryn to me is a lovely poster and lovely woman..

Old 10-03-2013, 10:20 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,135,904 times
Quote:
Well, sorry if I sounded harsh, but my reps tell me I'm not the only one with the same thought. I wonder if some people expect to see a woman in line at the food pantry dressed in flattering designer clothes. Or maybe some people have more important things to spend their time and money on.
You really got all your reps from insulting people?

I just have fun with fashion and life. I tend to lean towards my own artsy thrift store chic style. Life's too short not to enjoy it ever moment you can!

Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
FIRSTLY - a HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to the OP, Ellemint, for posting this WONDERFUL THREAD! I know it started a while back but just found it today. I had been feeling a little low, because I just turned 64 this week and was feeling a bit down about getting older. I too agree that people should be able to dress however they want at any age; the big thing is OWNING IT! I love that there are 80 + year olds still active and taking an interest in how they look. No matter what a body type is, everyone can look their best. I know I feel SO much better when I dress nice to go anywhere, no matter where it is. Not that it has to be fancy. I live in Florida, and my personal style is the "Aloha" look - Hawaiian style dresses and clothing.

The thing that was getting me down the most about getting older is the fact that the last couple years my arms have started that "crepey" look and is progressing rapidly. My face looks very young fortunately, no lines and while my skin has a few spots here and there, overall it is luminous and I have nice eyes. I am tall and mostly toned. The arms thing bothers me so much because being in Florida I need to dress sleeveless almost all year. But after reading this thread, I am grateful for the looks I DO still have, and I am going to do all I can to keep myself up all the rest of my life!

Lastly, I agree with everyone who feels that it is inner radiance, beauty and confidence that is what makes a woman beautiful. Dressing nice just shows everyone else she cares about herself.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,135,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
FIRSTLY - a HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to the OP, Ellemint, for posting this WONDERFUL THREAD! I know it started a while back but just found it today. I had been feeling a little low, because I just turned 64 this week and was feeling a bit down about getting older. I too agree that people should be able to dress however they want at any age; the big thing is OWNING IT! I love that there are 80 + year olds still active and taking an interest in how they look. No matter what a body type is, everyone can look their best. I know I feel SO much better when I dress nice to go anywhere, no matter where it is. Not that it has to be fancy. I live in Florida, and my personal style is the "Aloha" look - Hawaiian style dresses and clothing.

The thing that was getting me down the most about getting older is the fact that the last couple years my arms have started that "crepey" look and is progressing rapidly. My face looks very young fortunately, no lines and while my skin has a few spots here and there, overall it is luminous and I have nice eyes. I am tall and mostly toned. The arms thing bothers me so much because being in Florida I need to dress sleeveless almost all year. But after reading this thread, I am grateful for the looks I DO still have, and I am going to do all I can to keep myself up all the rest of my life!

Lastly, I agree with everyone who feels that it is inner radiance, beauty and confidence that is what makes a woman beautiful. Dressing nice just shows everyone else she cares about herself.
You rock G. F. (((Waving with my flabby 62 y.o. Upper arms!)).

Old 10-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Flab is the new FAB... comes to us all. no worries... we rock girls...

Old 10-03-2013, 03:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
Quote:
I want to respectfully remind you that this thread is about appearance and beauty in the "older" woman. It isn't about priorities or how we might decide how to spend our time. You could start a thread about your concerns. I am sure you would receive some interesting posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty