Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Typically when I see straight men gushing over women it's for Kate Upton types and hour glass bikini model types. I didn't think they fell into the "fat pig" category. Thanks for the enlightenment .

Most of those women have no breast tissue. That is what stood out to me the most.

oh, you mean the uneducated, classless, fools that comprise the American male population. Can't say I'd take their "tastes" or the women they gush over too seriously.

plus, the thread is entitled "how would you like a girl to dress" and not "how would you like a girls body to look." Models who wear/model high end clothing are generally going to be on the slim side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Typically when I see straight men gushing over women it's for Kate Upton types and hour glass bikini model types. I didn't think they fell into the "fat pig" category. Thanks for the enlightenment .

Most of those women have no breast tissue. That is what stood out to me the most.
I only made it through a few pages. It was a little odd that most of the women were Alexa Chung types.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
oh, you mean the uneducated, classless, fools that comprise the American male population. Can't say I'd take their "tastes" or the women they gush over too seriously.

plus, the thread is entitled "how would you like a girl to dress" and not "how would you like a girls body to look." Models who wear/model high end clothing are generally going to be on the slim side.
Curvy isn't a size! It is a shape! The women in the pics were more straight up and down "rulers" than the typical women, that men typically idolize (usually the hourglasses, pears or the busty types with straight figures elsewhere.)

The body shapes can appear on women who are slimmer or heavier.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 AM

376 posts, read 652,725 times
Default Style for attractive women: less is better & clothing optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrrMade View Post
I've always had the feeling that fashion, designer labels, etc., were more about women relating to women, than trying to impress a man. Oh wait, that doesn't sound right. I know you want to look good for yourself and your own personal statement.

But just curious, what do you men think about fashion for women? Do you care, or do you just care that she looks good?

For example, do you care if a woman paints her nails or not?
In general, women like men dressed in stylish suits and uncomfortable ties and everything covered but the face. Men on their part, prefer attractive women to wear as little as possible....say string bikini or less.

On a slighly more serious note, yes I prefer my female partner to dress attractively, stylish, fix her hair, paint her nails, etc. But I don't like too much powder makeup on the face...yuck.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:37 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,183,689 times
I don't care either way. As for designer labels, I may never notice because I have a fear of clothes tags.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:37 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Not a guy but what I noticed guys hate:

- shapeless clothing
- dirty girls - chewed up nails, un-groomed hair, stained clothing etc.

And then guys always have that one look they absolutely hate. Its so funny.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,907,527 times
I'm pretty sure most people who stumble onto a fashion forum with men talking about what brands and styles they like to see women in, and then see mostly androgynous looking women would wonder if they were gay men as well.

When I say gay I mean it in the most positive way, I grew up in an extremely liberal town and gay is considered normal here. Boston is full of educated gay people that are great members of society.

It wasn't meant as an insult. It's funny that the person who is upset about the comment is offended by "gay" yet goes on to bash most American men for being uneducated and classless

Kettle meet pot.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Pear Martini's feeling insecure today, everyone be nice to her.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
The only time a man can tell what label a woman is wearing is when the article of clothing has been removed.

Believe me, once it reaches that point, he really doesn't care what the label says.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Seriously though - a man wants a woman to look "put together," accentuating whatever positive feature she may have. They don't care about what colors and styles are in, just that the color and style flatters the woman's body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty