Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:48 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boolouwho View Post
It was in response to some things posted farther up in the thread . I live in the country, and yes, the men I know all bathe regularly and have good grooming habits.
Like....never had a cavity and people always think you had braces as a kid? Like...not needing a bunch of tats to look tough? Like...lifting heavy stuff all day at work, so gym time only adds MORE with very little effort? Like only wearing a suit to funerals....rare occasions. CAN fix everything and protect you....Who are these men?

A country boy can survive.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM

233 posts, read 445,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Like....never had a cavity and people always think you had braces as a kid? Like...not needing a bunch of tats to look tough? Like...lifting heavy stuff all day at work, so gym time only adds MORE with very little effort? Like only wearing a suit to funerals....rare occasions. CAN fix everything and protect you....Who are these men?

I'll have to admit I'm lost.... Can you spell it out a bit more for me, I'll admit I'm a blonde. What are you asking?

I get the song reference; I'm a fan of Hank Jr.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
I'll have to admit I'm lost.... Can you spell it out a bit more for me, I'll admit I'm a blonde. What are you asking?

I get the song reference; I'm a fan of Hank Jr.
It means that many regular country MEN aren't preppy metrosexuals. Jeans and a t-shirt or t-shirt under a hoodie or sweatshirt.. No suit, no tie, Docker pants worn on rare occasions. You're not a biker covered in tats even though you FIX his bike for him.

Get it now? LOL

Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM

I found what I was looking for.....get it?

Tim McGraw - Truck Yeah - YouTube

Old 11-13-2012, 08:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Quote:

I am just not understanding why you are so threatened by the idea that ALL women do not want the same type of man that you are describing yourself to be.

The man that you are describing is a perfect fit for some women. Other women (like myself) prefer a different type of guy as our ideal. Why is that so offensive to you on a personal level?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am just not understanding why you are so threatened by the idea that ALL women do not want the same type of man that you are describing yourself to be.

The man that you are describing is a perfect fit for some women. Other women (like myself) prefer a different type of guy as our ideal. Why is that so offensive to you on a personal level?
It's not offensive at all. Just reminding that there is OPTION #3 out there.

You'd never know it surfing this site.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 PM

Ah. I only mentioned the tats because it was in the original question from the OP; it wasn't something that I specifically would have mentioned on my own.

I've always dated country boys and am divorcing one, lol.

The man you described sounds perfect!

I'm really on a roll tonight with not understanding posts....

EDIT: Thanks calipoppy, I was really not following! Riverboat, I was only trying to answer the OP (only 2 options given) but adding my own twist on it. Good song, how about Ladies Love Country Boys, or Pick Up Man? Are you that man you were describing??? Sounds perfect

Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Quote:
It's not offensive at all. Just reminding that there is OPTION #3 out there.

You'd never know it surfing this site.
So you think that women do not know what our options are regarding the type of men that we prefer and you have made it your duty to inform us?

Mmmmkay, thanks.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Ah. I only mentioned the tats because it was in the original question from the OP; it wasn't something that I specifically would have mentioned on my own.

I've always dated country boys and am divorcing one, lol.

The man you described sounds perfect!

I'm really on a roll tonight with not understanding posts....

EDIT: Thanks calipoppy, I was really not following! Riverboat, I was only trying to answer the OP (only 2 options given) but adding my own twist on it. Good song, how about Ladies Love Country Boys, or Pick Up Man? Are you that man you were describing??? Sounds perfect
Sure am honey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So you think that women do not know what our options are regarding the type of men that we prefer and you have made it your duty to inform us?

Mmmmkay, thanks.

Option #1 (thread)

Option #3

Option #2 (thread)

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Sure am honey!
Two questions then.

Are you single?

and

How do you feel about girls who drive lifted muddy Jeeps and like guns, offroading, camping, and learning how to fix her JK because she broke it??? I'll cook meat only if you're the one who killed it though; otherwise I'm a vegetarian. I'm still girly when need be

Oh Lord, this has been a weird night for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty