Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2021, 02:14 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

Here is another good informational video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qundoWHUXJU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 10:10 PM

118 posts, read 69,012 times
I wish I had the money for it, I have so much tension around my light colored eyes. I used to use it but can't afford it now.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:21 PM

118 posts, read 69,012 times
When I used Botox it lasted over six months and each time it stopped working the lines between my eyes were softer.

Old 05-25-2021, 06:19 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My daughter started using botox 5 years ago, when she turned 30, to get rid of 2 lines on her forehead since she was a teen They always bothered her and now they don't. She recently told me she's had some filler too, something I never even noticed. She said that was the goal and seems happy with whatever she's doing since she never wears makeup and always looks good. She also told me the person who does her work told her not to do anything more, ever.
The best practitioners are not radical in their approach. I'm glad your daughter is happy! That's all that matters.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:26 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,058,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
My daughter started using botox 5 years ago, when she turned 30, to get rid of 2 lines on her forehead since she was a teen They always bothered her and now they don't. She recently told me she's had some filler too, something I never even noticed. She said that was the goal and seems happy with whatever she's doing since she never wears makeup and always looks good. She also told me the person who does her work told her not to do anything more, ever.
Your daughter shouldn’t be messing with her face at aged 30. Surely at that age, she doesn’t need anything done?!

Old 05-25-2021, 03:08 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Your daughter shouldn’t be messing with her face at aged 30. Surely at that age, she doesn’t need anything done?!
the daughter is 35 now but started when she was 30

Old 05-25-2021, 04:57 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Yeah I would have preferred her do nothing because I think she's pretty as is, but she's the one who has to face her face in the mirror everyday. I would have preferred she not get a tattoo either, but she did that a long time ago! Her life is so different from mine and I have no clue what it's like to be 30something in todays world.

Old 05-26-2021, 02:09 AM

10 posts, read 12,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
In all honesty, at 64 years of age, you have earned the right to do whatever you want. I say go for it
Absolutely agree with u

Old 05-26-2021, 01:30 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
Is Botox still very popular?

I had it a few times 20 years ago at age 45 but my frown lines were already too established. Didn't work at all. Seems it can't really remove existing lines, but maybe prevent new ones, if you keep at it? I don't like treatments that are not "almost" permanent! I even had the corrugator muscle cut and even that costly procedure did nothing to erase my frown lines.

Face-lifts really do work, but in my experience "half-measures" don't work well at all. Even the face-lift could not totally erase deep forehead lines, but it sure works on jowls, sagging, heavy eyelids, etc.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:08 PM

1,462 posts, read 971,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Is Botox still very popular?

I had it a few times 20 years ago at age 45 but my frown lines were already too established. Didn't work at all. Seems it can't really remove existing lines, but maybe prevent new ones, if you keep at it? I don't like treatments that are not "almost" permanent! I even had the corrugator muscle cut and even that costly procedure did nothing to erase my frown lines.

Face-lifts really do work, but in my experience "half-measures" don't work well at all. Even the face-lift could not totally erase deep forehead lines, but it sure works on jowls, sagging, heavy eyelids, etc.
4Q - 2020 results from Abbvie's website:
Global Botox Cosmetic net revenues were $493 million, an increase of 9.1 percent on a comparable operational basis.

https://news.abbvie.com/news/press-r...tional%20basis.

I'd say Botox is still popular and doing well. This doesn't even include it's other therapeutic areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty