Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 08:45 AM

275 posts, read 1,283,240 times

Advertisements

Does cream with collagen, retinol or vitamin C help with acne dent?

For example,

Revivaâ„¢ Labs Collagen Night Cream - REVIVA - GNC
Ingredients: Demineralized Water, Vegetable Oil, Stearic Acid, soluble collagen, Glycerin (Vege), Lanolin, Beeswax, Citric Acid, egg protein concentrate, 9-Oil Blend (Almond, Sesame, Avocado, Wheat Germ, Olive, Peanut, Sunflower, Safflower & Apricot Kernel Oils), Vitamins A, D & E, Multi Sterol Extracts: Mallow, Ivy, Cucumber, Sambucus & Arnica, sodium borate, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Simethicone

Revivaâ„¢ Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid Vitamin C Ester & DMAE Cream - REVIVA - GNC
Ingredients: Demineralized Spring Water, Glycerol Stearate, Soybean Oil, stearyl stearate, Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, soy phospholipid liposome gel, Alpha lipoic acid, DMAE Bitartrate, ascorbyl palmitate (vit C ester), whole wheat protein, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), ergocalciferol (vit D), Aloe Vera Gel, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Simethicone, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propyl paraben, Imidazolidinyl Urea

GNC Vitamin C Moisturizing Cream - VALUE COSMETICS - GNC
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Glycerol Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Carbomer, Methyl Paraben, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ascorbic Acid, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance

By the way, how do you think about the brand Revivaâ„¢ Labs?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2012, 12:23 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
I would think several courses of micro-derm abrasion would help....it certainly helped a friend of mine! She used to have many acne scars, and after having about a years worth, her skin is flawless!

Old 11-22-2012, 12:37 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
I would suggest reading up on copper peptides instead. Can't say enough good things about these. You will find a wealth of information on the site I linked.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Thanks!

What kinds of micro-derm abrasion do you mean? Some products I can buy, or some procedure that is only available at dermatologists'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I would think several courses of micro-derm abrasion would help....it certainly helped a friend of mine! She used to have many acne scars, and after having about a years worth, her skin is flawless!

Old 11-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Thanks! But can copper peptides deal with my acne dent scars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I would suggest reading up on copper peptides instead. Can't say enough good things about these. You will find a wealth of information on the site I linked.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
I like their rosewater but I never tried their creams.

Copper helps scars heal. Its good to have in creams and diet while you give your skin time to repair.

I think creams are better for marks that are visual and not actual texture type scars unless you are using something like mederma.

If you have acne now I would go to a derm first to see what they say before bothering with repair. Sometimes things like peels and micro derm can make it worse because it irritates the skin and adds to factors that can cause a breakout. If your acne is leaving marks like that on your face its best to leave it to a professional if those marks bother you.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:36 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I'm a huge proponent of using products that list the percentage of active ingredients. I wish that would be made a law.

If it's a shea butter lotion, I want to know how much, like L'Occitane.

I use Retin-A, not a product with a rentinol, because it is 100% of the active ingredient (prescription), and I would rather pay the high price for a product that is proven to work than go through a bunch of lesser price products that don't work as well.

I also like the Infite line of skin care, because it lists the percent of active ingredient (try Amazon, it is VERY reasonable).

Be very careful with this line. For example, one of the face cleaners has 15% glycolic acid - my doc office does the lowest dose of peel at 20%. You need to start low to get your face used to it. The products with higher amounts WILL burn your skin. I had bought 30% glycolic acid off ebay and mixed it with moisturizer to dilute it a little.

You can buy Alpha Hydroxy creams super cheap, Walgreen's makes one and it is 8%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty