U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:47 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,668,189 times

Advertisements

I just started using Aveeno and it is really nice. Not heavy and greasy--just the perfect texture. Got it at Costco so the price was really good.

For really dry hands and feet, try L'Occitane Ultra Rich Shea Butter Hand Cream or Body Cream or First Aid Ultra Repair.

L'Occitane is a little more expensive but I have used it for years and really like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,546,850 times
I also use the Neutrogena Swiss Formula. I keep a small tube in my purse. I love it! It was under $4, too.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,823,235 times
Curel Hand and Cuticle Therapy Cream

Curel Intensive Healing Cream

Both are quickly absorbed, non-greasy, and long-lasting. In the wintertime, my hands and feet get extremely dry. Curel's the only cream that works for me.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:01 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,718,089 times
I swear by this

Old 11-20-2012, 08:23 PM

10,664 posts, read 7,715,233 times
L'Occitane is wonderful, and very little goes a long way. But it sure is an investment...

Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 PM

11,405 posts, read 16,022,823 times
My favorite lotion is Dream Cream from Lush - it even tackled the eczema and weird dry skin issues I had during chemo. It's pricy though, and you could likely make it at home yourself if you wanted to get down to it.

I also use lots of coconut oil, but that's better as a night treatment because it takes a little bit to sink in. But oh, you smell so good! And a $10 jar has lasted me more than 6 months of almost head to toe applications.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,538,967 times
A favorite of mine is Garden Therapy at Crabtree & Evelyn's. Even my husband uses it.

And bag balm is very good, especially the green can with the ointment. It doesn't smell very nice but if you use it at night you would see much improved results.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:34 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,537,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I LOVE Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream! It's very different from everything else I've tried. I've tried expensive stuff from dept stores all the way down to cheap brands in drugstores and generic/store brands. I swear by this stuff. I even have the boyfriend using it, and he hates products that are greasy or have a smell.
I even rub it on my nose in the winter, when it gets dry from blowing it too much. Not greasy at all. There is a knock-off store brand that's I've tried, but I forget if it was from Target or Walmart. But it was pretty decent too. Something about the texture of this stuff (and its knock-offs) that is different from all other hand lotions.

I would concur with Norwegian Formula ! For extremely dry or chapped hands I think there is not much which is more effective. As far as I know it started as a formula for Norwegian Fishermen which as you can imagine are exposed to pretty hairy climate.

I get very dry hands in winter and it is the only thing which works. And you only need a tiny dab of it. I also use it as a chapped lips relief and "repair" when my lips are getting sore after a cold or exposure to extreme cold. I have tried so many different kinds of hand cream and none come close ( "Kiehl's" is quite good but rather expensive).

Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 AM

4,958 posts, read 10,372,733 times
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the responses! Looks like I'll be trying out some hand lotions!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM

5,145 posts, read 10,441,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme
Buy Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme & More | drugstore.com

I use several products in the Eucerin and its related Aquaphor line. I miss the wonderful scents from some of the "girlie" shoppes, but those fragrances irritate my skin. Only Eucerin for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Cetaphil- the one in the jar not the pump or tube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Curel Ultra Healing. It's the only with Shea Butter that doesn't oil slick my hands. It's got ceramides to heal your hand from inside out. I put it on with a lanvendar/olive oil cream and put my hands in spa mitts -- bakes it in and eases my arthritis...

I mix that with the Curel foot therapy cream for my feet.... just love the stuff.
I like all these too.
Wanted to add drugstore brand Aquaphor is good as well.
Avoid fragrances if its actually irritated.

You can boost your lotion by adding a layer of olive oil or aloe gel first and then lotion on top.
The aloe will soothe the irritation you have now. Its a good lotion to have on hand as it a natural antibacterial and if it bursts in your purse it usually doesn't stain anything.

Switch out your handsoaps around the house for creamy moisturizing versions + wear rubber gloves while cleaning. (you can even load up on lotion and then slide on your cleaning gloves for a deep hydration treatment while you clean.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty