U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:40 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,126,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Try the Madden Girl boot. They sell for $60.00 at DSW.
They aren't leather for $60.00 but they are really comfortable and still look cute.
I bought a Black pair and a Brown pair in them last Winter or the year before.

I would now like to have a pair of real leather boots.
Ya i'm not looking for leather. That would be a few hundred $$! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 4 days ago)

14,421 posts, read 16,677,475 times
Last year, in December when it was cold, I got two pairs of Bearpaws from Amazon for sixty each. They are the Emma Tall boots line. Normally they run a hundred or more. They are slightly more tapered versions of Uggs, but I like them better. Outside is leather. The pair I literally wore all winter and into spring was then rubbed down with milk oil to make them more water resistant. The lining is fleece, not fake stuff.

I know fashion was mentioned, but if its really cold what keeps your feet warm matters, and these will. Yesterdays pair shows very little wear on the soles either. I'm going to give them more mink oil rubs before we get wet/cold. I have snow boots but they just left me with really cold feet.

If you use amazon, do a search on boots and watch your email. If there is a particular kind which goes on sale you want, if you've put them in your wish list they'll send you an email telling you they are on sale. We have few stores in town except walmart and its the only chain, so I do a lot of shopping via amazon, now in preference to a long drive and a lot of looking. They are also very responsive to returns.

If your new to a place that gets cold, believe me you'll WANT something that's nice and warm among your collection. I came here from socal and when it got cold none of the one brought along helped at all.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
since I live in the desert, I don't need super high quality boots. Anyone know where I can find leather/pleather boots under 50/60 bucks? went to payless today and they didn't quite have what I was looking for and only found one style I wanted, at Dillards and it was still kind of up there for me: 60 bucks.

Checked the DSW website and their prices were up there too, but maybe I need to go in person too lol.
Sears. My sister got a few pairs for 30-40 each.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:41 PM

6,779 posts, read 6,854,548 times
Has anyone mentioned Famous Footwear? Last year I bought a great pair of BOC by Born boots for around $50, they are very cute and good quality, and incredibly comfortable to boot, pun intended.

Last edited by detshen; 11-21-2012 at 04:10 PM..

Old 11-21-2012, 03:01 PM

5,453 posts, read 7,483,576 times
Try Zappos.com
They have boots galore...

Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,143,116 times
Websites: Beyond the Rack and special blowout sales on Haute Look (they have blowout sales Every Sunday night, as well as random? sales during the week)

Last edited by leanansidhex; 11-21-2012 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: add

Old 11-21-2012, 04:03 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,604,245 times
I'm picky about my footwear. I don't care if it's in fashion or trendy; I care more about it being comfortable to wear, to stand in, to walk in, to exercise in. If I can find all that in awesome styles, even better. But the look of them isn't a priority for me at all.

That said, I tend to spend a lot on footwear, *when* I buy it. The reason I don't buy it often, is because I wear stuff that holds up for a long time and rarely need to replace it within a year. My last pair of "walking around" boots, I bought 6 years ago and the soles aren't even showing any wear yet. They're 100% leather "ropers" and I use Dr. Scholls insoles because they don't come with built-in arches and my natural food arch is ridiculously high so I need extra support. I can wear them walking around for around 3 hours before I notice my instep is getting a little achy. They're meant for horseback riding so they're really not intended for standing in for any length of time, but they're comfy enough that I can, and so I do.

My winter snow-type boots I just bought on clearance off-season in autumn of 2011. I only had to wear them twice last year and they kept my feet warm and that's really all I cared about. I don't wear fuzzy furry boots inside, there's no reason for it.

The ropers were around $125 and worth every penny. The snow-type furry boots I think set me back around $80 and I expect them to last at least 4 years so again, worth the expense. My last snow-boots I bought before I got married, and I've been married for 21 years

Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 AM

880 posts, read 1,661,440 times
Where do you live? There are lots of thrift shops by me and I usually find good deals on them. Also, try Tillys!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 PM

4,868 posts, read 7,126,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOReverxpeace View Post
Where do you live? There are lots of thrift shops by me and I usually find good deals on them. Also, try Tillys!
I live in the armpit of the SW...lol.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 AM

701 posts, read 1,207,421 times
They sure are. The riding boots that I have now, I watched like a hawk on Amazon and once they went down to $100, I snatched them up. Had to convince myself over and over that they're an investment piece.

Cheaper boots can be found anywhere, though. DSW, F21, Ideeli (if you like sample sales), Macy's (around this time of year)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty