U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:32 AM

859 posts, read 3,019,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
I was getting my nails done (acrylics) every other week, but I recently switched to the gels and wow, am I loving them. My nail guy had been trying to talk me into them for months but I resisted. They are a tiny bit more expensive but they last about a week longer between visits and they just look really amazing and stay so clean. I urge anyone that is getting acrylics to try them, you willnot be disappointed. Oh, and thy are soooo much stronger. GELS are the ay to go!

p.s. I am getting my nails done for 10 years. I wanted to let them "breathe" but after one day I couldn't take how horrendeous they looked.
Aaah Tina, you're a woman after my own heart! The longest I ever went with ot my nails done was two days and I cried lol.

I am glad you love your gels, I love mine too! My nails are beautiful now, insted of the "ridgey" way they used to be from the acrylics.

I also find that my acrylics only lasted 2 weeks, but i wear my gel for a full 3 less time i have to spend there yay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,904,261 times
I keep them (fingers and toes) short, but go the salon for polish and shaping, etc. 2x month. I only use white polish or like a buff color. Boring, no?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 AM

10,634 posts, read 16,217,607 times
Shorter length, but I get manicures every 2 weeks and touch up myself. Right now I have very very very dark purple polish that I love (almost black)

Old 10-14-2007, 01:26 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,141,653 times
I usually do my own nails except for special occasions. I keep my nails medium length and I polish them every weekend.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:35 PM

329 posts, read 1,312,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Aaah Tina, you're a woman after my own heart! The longest I ever went with ot my nails done was two days and I cried lol.

I am glad you love your gels, I love mine too! My nails are beautiful now, insted of the "ridgey" way they used to be from the acrylics.

I also find that my acrylics only lasted 2 weeks, but i wear my gel for a full 3 less time i have to spend there yay
rep to you g/f Do you think we'll still be getting our nails done until our last

breath? lol

Old 10-14-2007, 04:52 PM

2,738 posts, read 9,346,691 times
Since I do a lot of cooking and baking, I keep them on the short side. I use a sheer, natural shade of essie polish called power lunch.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM

859 posts, read 3,019,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTina View Post
rep to you g/f Do you think we'll still be getting our nails done until our last

breath? lol
yes!

I think it's the Jersey girl way hehe. I love to wear a sweat suit, but still feel cute b/c I have my nails done.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,159,765 times
I too was acrylic addicted I also do gel now with a simple french manicure. Doesn't do the damage that acrylic did.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:39 PM

1,508 posts, read 5,385,556 times
Wink Gels all the way

Another Jersey girl checking in !!

I have discovered (from a friend) L C N = Light Concept Nails, they're GELS.
I had them allllll summer Pink & White & loved them. On my last visit, I went cheap and I'm so sorry I did this. I told my nail tech, Don't fill the White, I want a color/polish !! Arrgh Huge mistake. It's much more noticable to see how much your nail grew out when you have Mauve Polish on as opposed to the Classic Pink & White French manicure.

I need an appt. bad !! I'm calling tomorrow. Give me Pink & White anyday ! And smack me upside the head if I ever want colored nail polish again !!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:29 AM

603 posts, read 1,714,398 times
I used to get the regular acrylic too.They'd always pop off a few days after i got them done and they looked horrible.I went to a new place and got the pink and white.Not the gel ,the acrylic.Ever since then i never broke a a nail.Im supposed to go every 2 weeks for the pink fill in and every 6 weeks or so for the white.They never lift either.They look awesome!!Put it this way,i work with animals and am always banging my nails and always have my hands in water and they still hold up.They also use this non yellowing top coat which works wonders.If you smoke or go tanning often ask for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or