Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:26 PM

395 posts, read 707,363 times

Advertisements

I believe that if one is less than one standard deviation away from the mean for their societal or cultural group they should focus on other issues to improve on....other than breast size. There are some people that are looking to be extremes wrt to breast size, but I think it's silly. As there are other aspects to develop in a person other than cleavage. I think it's over rated.

There was a thread about ....'if you could be a DDD would you'...why would you want to be a DDD, you'd need an extra set on the back just to align your balance. If I ran an HMO I'd have to charge you a premium for having DDD b/c you'll have back problems with time/age.

What's the fixation on bust size in society???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,370,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
I believe that if one is less than one standard deviation away from the mean for their societal or cultural group they should focus on other issues to improve on....other than breast size. There are some people that are looking to be extremes wrt to breast size, but I think it's silly. As there are other aspects to develop in a person other than cleavage. I think it's over rated.

There was a thread about ....'if you could be a DDD would you'...why would you want to be a DDD, you'd need an extra set on the back just to align your balance. If I ran an HMO I'd have to charge you a premium for having DDD b/c you'll have back problems with time/age.

It's pretty simple. Guys like boobs. A lot. And that leads to the mistaken assumption that more always equals better. Guys buy into it, and girls buy into it. It's kind of dumb.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
So, because my body naturally grew large breasts you'd charge me a premium because of potential back problems? Not every woman pays for breasts, ya know... many of us happen to have grown them ourselves.

Yes, I have large breasts, which means a lot of cleavage, and I'm also very tall. I get to go out of my way to find clothing that fits and then get to spend even MORE money altering it because rarely do things fit right off the rack. More often than not I have to wear a regular minimizer bra and a sports bra to be taken seriously in my profession and if I want to dress cute when I go out, I usually end up looking kind of skanky if I decide to wear anything form fitting or remotely low cut.

I get the joy of going on dates only to have the person across from me stare at my chest all night long, I also get a lot of men who only hit on me because they assume big boobs mean I'm easy for some reason.

So yeah, these things grew naturally and I'm dealing with them. I'd love to get a reduction but since I scar so bad I'd be permanently disfigured for the rest of my life if I do.

bustygirlcomics.com It's a pretty funny comic site that pokes fun at having large breasts

Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Not everyone with a large chest ends up with back problems either. It is also of note, that not all cultural or ethnic groups are into breasts. This is pretty much a white american thing. Other people like hips, legs, or butts.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times
I sympathize with you JetJockey. I was a late bloomer and can remember when I couldn't wait to fill out a bra. Now, I buy the minimizers to keep them from bouncing so much. I told hubby some days I'd just like to take them off and leave them home while I go and get things done.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post

Don't ask me, you're the one that started another thread on the topic.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,396 times
Nothing wrong with breasts it is the way they are being used to advertise just about everything, only have to look at the provocative bra's on sale, even made for very young girls. i always think cleavage looks nice as long as it is not too much.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Not everyone with a large chest ends up with back problems either. It is also of note, that not all cultural or ethnic groups are into breasts. This is pretty much a white american thing. Other people like hips, legs, or butts.
I noticed this so many times. On the urban sites its all about butt,hips,and thighs.
The Asians I notice seem to focus on a small waist.
I hear less about breast now and more about the backside now,esp since Kim K came out.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
It's only natural for boobs to be used the way they are. Guys are genetically engineered to like certain traits of the female body. Given that our goals in life are to survive, mate, and raise our young... our focus on boobs are justifiable.

Survival: Boobs help get attention, good treatment, jobs, etc.
Mate: Boobs attract mates.
Raising our young: Boobs feed our young.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 AM

395 posts, read 707,363 times
Answer in upper caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So, because my body naturally grew large breasts you'd charge me a premium because of potential back problems? Not every woman pays for breasts, ya know... many of us happen to have grown them ourselves.

I WOULDN'T CHARGE YOU EXTRA, BUT IF AN ACTUARY COULD STATISTICALLY CALCULATE IT AND IT WAS SOCIALLY ACCEPTED AS A RISK FACTOR, I'M SURE THE BOSSES AND SHAREHOLDERS OF CORPORATIONS WOULD WANT TO CHARGE A PREMIUM FOR ANY RISK FACTOR AS IT CAN AFFECT THEIR BOTTOM LINE. IT'S LIKE IF I HAD A HIGH BMI I WOULD HAVE HIGHER RISK FACTORS FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES..ETC....I WOULDN'T ACTUALLY CHARGE A PREMIUM, I'LL GIVE OUT FREE BACK MASSAGES

Yes, I have large breasts, which means a lot of cleavage, and I'm also very tall. I get to go out of my way to find clothing that fits and then get to spend even MORE money altering it because rarely do things fit right off the rack. More often than not I have to wear a regular minimizer bra and a sports bra to be taken seriously in my profession and if I want to dress cute when I go out, I usually end up looking kind of skanky if I decide to wear anything form fitting or remotely low cut.

MOST CLOTHING IS MADE TO FIT A NOMOGRAM OF THE SIZES WITHIN THE GIVEN TARGET POPULACE, MOST OUTLIERS WILL NEED AS YOU'VE NOTED ALTERATIONS OR CUSTOM TAILORED MODIFICATIONS.

I get the joy of going on dates only to have the person across from me stare at my chest all night long, I also get a lot of men who only hit on me because they assume big boobs mean I'm easy for some reason.

IGNORE THESE MEN, MOST OF THEM ARE IDIOTS....ESPECIALLY IF THEY CAN'T DO IT DISCREETLY

So yeah, these things grew naturally and I'm dealing with them. I'd love to get a reduction but since I scar so bad I'd be permanently disfigured for the rest of my life if I do.

IF YOU ARE A KELOID SCARRER OR SCAR EASY, YOU'LL NEED TO DECIDE WHEN THE RISK REWARD PROFILE WILL POINT TOWARDS GETTING A REDUCTION.

bustygirlcomics.com It's a pretty funny comic site that pokes fun at having large breasts
Sorry for the upper caps style, just thought it would be easier responding. Wasn't meant to be LOUD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty