U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM

13,295 posts, read 12,343,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
But NOT secure enough to buy what you want without asking the opinion of strangers?
This
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 10:27 AM

2,108 posts, read 1,987,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
But NOT secure enough to buy what you want without asking the opinion of strangers?
I suppose.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:33 AM

20,208 posts, read 28,247,490 times
Asking a bunch of puritanical/uptight Americans is probably not the best methodology.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 AM

15,228 posts, read 23,749,578 times
go for it bro,

hey, I like to see the outlines of mans "junk", ugh, I hate that term.....

why not.

but on a serious note, most of those bathing suits are freaking ugly. Out of all of them, and i looked at them...mostly in bewilderment....

the square cut black with white side striped sauvage sidestripe was the only one half way decent.

basic solid black, classic always in style.

do gay men really wear this stuff, i have never encountered seeing any of it.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM

10,860 posts, read 18,883,731 times
I don't generally have any opinion on itty-bitty men's trunks, I just clicked on the thread because I wanted to see pictures.

But the mom-voice is too big of a habit here and I have to say, that white pair mentions several times in the description that there's no lining. What happens to white fabric when it gets wet? It turns see-through. So only get the white ones if you're not planning to get in the water at all, or if you want people thinking you didn't know any better.

I think solid black would look nice and it would preserve your modesty if you did get in the water.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:02 PM

13,817 posts, read 12,605,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Assuming one had the body of course.

Which one of these here would be the most attractive.

Going on a vacation New Years down in the warm waters. Don't really give a rip about modesty.

Thinking of going with the:

Go Softwear Riviera Square Cut White/Navy here

or

LASC Varsity Mesh Swim Trunks Navy here

So in your fashionista opinio'n....

(average wee size if it matters )
You know, I think I've figured out what's wrong with these "short" swimming trunks - even the ones that would normally look quite well ( I mean after all twenty years ago shorter swimming trunks were a norm, isn't it?)
For example I look at these "retro Euro" swimming trunks ( that look all right in smaller picture,) but what do I see in the full picture?

Sauvage Spliced Euro Retro Swimmer Black at International Jock Underwear & Swimwear

It's not the leg cut that makes them look so "gay" - it's the way they sit so low on hips. I mean this "low on hips" style implies longer, baggier look, but when you combine it with shorter leg instead - that's when it looks somewhat out of balance and tacky. If these swimming trunks would have had even a slightly higher rise, ( as it used to be,) there would be nothing wrong with short(er) length.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:08 PM

16,471 posts, read 15,913,707 times
[quote=Hedgehog_Mom;27062637]I don't generally have any opinion on itty-bitty men's trunks, I just clicked on the thread because I wanted to see pictures.

But the mom-voice is too big of a habit here and I have to say, that white pair mentions several times in the description that there's no lining. What happens to white fabric when it gets wet? It turns see-through. So only get the white ones if you're not planning to get in the water at all, or if you want people thinking you didn't know any better.

I think solid black would look nice and it would preserve your modesty if you did get in the water.[/quote]

Ditto.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:10 PM

2,858 posts, read 6,201,488 times
Ewww, those are gross. I went to Euro 6 months ago, these are not Euro style. They are too short, need to be a few inches longer. I can see pubs poking out on some of those dudes.

If you have the body to pull it off, get ready for some looks and attention...might be bad attention.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:02 PM

5,057 posts, read 7,265,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Yes, I was leaning towards the second pair also.

And all women do not in fact hate the teeny swimsuits. My girlfriend (and her friends) gets off on the sight to no end. Now we're not talking speedo but the real shorties like in the link. They actually laugh at the guys wearing mid-calf parachute pants
if I HAD to chose, the 2nd picture
and for the record, I hate the mid-calf gangster pants too

you should post a picture of yourself in these suits, and then we can tell you what we really think!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:02 AM

335 posts, read 1,101,755 times
My choice would be the black ones. It's time for men to get away from the baggy half pants thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or