U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 10:27 PM

17 posts, read 50,506 times

Advertisements

There are two faux leather bomber jackets I would like to buy:

Distressed Bomber Jacket | 21 MEN - 2019571552
Faux Leather Bomber Jacket | 21 MEN - 2021841102

If you've purchased mens clothing in the past couple of decades, you may have noticed
that size charts and the size printed on labels are frequently meaningless. China, Hong Kong,
and many other countries do not follow the rigid standards that were enforced when the
garment industry was in the USA.

When I buy dress shirts the neck must be at least 16 - to - 17 inches if I want to close the
top button. I'm not very tall, but I have a broad neck and shoulders.

There are sites that sell bomber jackets shipped directly from China or Hong Kong. They
usually recommend going up two sizes. If my normal jacket size was medium, I would buy
an extra large.

Only two sizes are listed for one of the bomber jackets. Large and extra large. It's possible the
smaller sizes sold out, or they can't sell size small or medium in the USA because they would
only fit children or midgets!

When I'm shopping locally, I always try medium first. If it's too snug I'll buy a large. If you
know more than I do about this kind of jacket, would you say that buying a large is a safe bet?

I've saved a small fortune buying stuff online, so I don't mind losing a few dollars on
returns. The thing I hate is that depressing feeling when something you really want
to keep must be returned.

Last edited by tomanyturns; 11-22-2012 at 10:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM

7,658 posts, read 7,466,436 times
Well, the info on the page for the first link says the model is 6'2" and a 32" waist wearing a Med.

How tall are you? 16.5-17" neck sounds like a Large to me, at least. That's my neck size, but I'm 6'4", so I'd likely have to order the XL for any hope of the sleeves to be long enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty