U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 PM

658 posts, read 2,187,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Young fashion today is really bad. Not just teenage girls but college age as well. I hate flip flops and Im so annoyed bu these floosies parading throgh the convenience stores in sweats, shorts, and flops. prefer woman to dress like well women! and not slobs. Sweats that have various suggestive marks on the back are a put off as well. I always wonder where their mother is.
i like that look jessica simpson used to do it but i wouldnt wear anything written on my butt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 03:41 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,785,735 times
I'm not terribly bothered by any of it......anyone here remember lowslung blue jeans, white dress shirt with the coller turned up and a ducksass haircut?????[shades of 1955] if ya don't remember it watch "rebel without a cause".

I am bothered tho by the pants that look like someone left a load in them.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,211,810 times
Was talking to my friend in Orlando tonight - she said that her teenage sons told her that the girls in their area have been seen wearing thongs over their jeans.

Sorry, but that tops the boxers and after she told me - my jaw dropped I could not stop laughing at the thought. Stopped me in my tracks.

Whats next - bras used as headbands???

Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Young fashion today is really bad. Not just teenage girls but college age as well. I hate flip flops and Im so annoyed bu these floosies parading throgh the convenience stores in sweats, shorts, and flops. prefer woman to dress like well women! and not slobs. Sweats that have various suggestive marks on the back are a put off as well. I always wonder where their mother is.

Hey - I have a pink pair of sweats with "Doll" written across the behind that Mr Jeep loves. My mom lives a couple miles away. . but luckily, I am too old to ground.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:

Hey now - - I have a pink pair of sweats with "Doll" written across the behind that Mr Jeep loves. My mom lives a couple miles away. . but luckily, I am too old to ground.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:48 AM

658 posts, read 2,187,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Was talking to my friend in Orlando tonight - she said that her teenage sons told her that the girls in their area have been seen wearing thongs over their jeans.

Sorry, but that tops the boxers and after she told me - my jaw dropped I could not stop laughing at the thought. Stopped me in my tracks.

Whats next - bras used as headbands???
my dughter would meet the back of my hand if she ever wore something like that

Old 10-16-2007, 06:20 PM

I'm sure that most of the parent's IF they knew their daughter was wearing a thong over their jeans would too. You just know that they are taking them off before they walk in the door at their house.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,975,760 times
I can't say I've seen this look on any young girls in this area...yet.

You know, even when I was younger, I knew some fads & trends weren't meant to be followed. Boxers (or thongs) over jeans would most definitely have been one of them!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post

I do like, however, the longer shirt/dress over the jeans....I always thought that was a cute look...back when and now.
That's one of my fave looks - no matter what body shape a woman is, it always looks very flattering.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:33 PM

947 posts, read 3,175,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_firefly View Post
it sounds retarded fad or no fad
what next wearing a bra over your t-shirt ?
LOL I got a good laugh over this... however, I have a gut feeling, that's next!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty