U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 PM

18,717 posts, read 4,702,479 times

Advertisements

I wish I had the kind of skin that doesn't need makeup but I don't.
Revlon Colorstay foundation in Ivory or Buff works well for me
Also Covergirl ageless foundation with Olay #205 (light) is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 AM

24 posts, read 28,248 times
I like to use less makeup during day or at night. Actually i prefer putting an eyeliner, mascara, and little light pink lipstick, with a little moisturizer.. I never use harsh chemicals on my skin or experiment with other products as my skin is sensitive. Instead i drink loads of water to keep my skin well hydrated throughout the day which keeps my skin fresh. So that' s the way i take care of my skin.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:12 AM

4,230 posts, read 5,885,966 times
I wear makeup every day of the week. I use mac for foundation, eye-liners and powders. I use urban decay or too faced for eye color.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:17 AM

509 posts, read 1,574,436 times
I work in the cosmetics industry, so obviously wear make up. And love it!

My work routine is usually under under eye concealer (over primer), very sheer tinted moisturizer, setting powder, eye shadow (usually a darker crease, natural color lid, and brow highlighter), liner (liquid or pencil depending on my mood), mascara, and a very light dusting of blush. I also fill in my brows, more due to a scar where no hair grows in. Usually just chap stick with that.

At night, I may go heaver on the eye make up... if I'm really feeling up for it (weddings, NYE, etc), I'll wear lashes too. Depending on what I'm wearing, I may wear lip color, but typically focus on my eyes.

Reading the other responses is surprising, but it may depend on where you live (and in my case, the industry you work in!). Cosmetics/beauty industry in NYC tends to see a lot of faces with make up!

Old 11-30-2012, 12:54 PM

4,121 posts, read 4,540,526 times
I wear makeup but rarely now. I wore makeup everyday before I have kids but now I don't have too much time except weekends.

I usually wear Iman foundation, Maybelline and L'Oreal eyeliner/mascara and Revlon Color stay eyebrow pencil and gloss.

A lot of different brands for me but I prefer certain makeup from different companies.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM

701 posts, read 1,207,421 times
I don't wear any makeup, though I like the look of some lipsticks. I can't be bothered to wear any, though, even with these dark marks from left over acne.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM

6,482 posts, read 5,967,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
I don't wear any makeup, though I like the look of some lipsticks. I can't be bothered to wear any, though, even with these dark marks from left over acne.
As a guy all I can say is I wish they tasted as good as they look.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,315,563 times
I prefer a more natural look.
If I'm not wanting to break the bank I use Physicians Formula products... but I prefer Urban Decay

Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM

26,866 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Depending on how I am feeling, I might put on a bit.

Light: mascara, lip gloss, powder
Medium: above plus concealer, eyeliner, maybe blush, maybe highlighter, maybe brow pencil
Heavy: above plus eye shadow

I tend to skew towards natural, but occasionally I go for a crazy eye shadow color.

Not really into makeup, I use it mostly when I look exhausted or need to add a little polish.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:46 PM

5,145 posts, read 10,421,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Do any of you ladies here wear makeup~? What brand do you use~? Do you like the natural look~? Or do you put it on heavy to get the wild look~?

I only go heavy on eyeliner sometimes. Lipstick sometimes is also heavy. (1 or the other not both)

If I leave the house I usually wear makeup of some sort.
Everyday its a natural look with a little cat eye bit.
I save the dark eyes or lips for night.
Sometimes I use the red lipstick only and some powder if my skin is pretty good.(+mascara)

Usually my daily list is: (with current stocked brands)
- concealer - nxy, maybelline, costal scents quad, elf, everyday minerals, coastal scents minerals
- powder -nyx, covergirl, elf, everyday minerals, coastal scents minerals
- liner - nxy, benefit
- mascara - elf (cheap mascaras are the same as $$$ to me)
- lip product - elf, nyx, MAC, blistex, cherry culture gloss

Sometimes:
- blush - elf, maybelline, coastal scents, everyday minerals
- eyebrow powder/wax - elf, revlon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty