U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,404,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
What for?

I hear MAC lipstick is really good.
You'd be surprised how many good looking guys have a tiny bit of make-up on. Tinted moisturizer to even out skin tone, a touch of concealer, eyeliner and mascara. Generally not all of the above but I'd say about 60% of the guys I know who care about fashion indulge in a little makeup. It does they exact same thing for men as it does for women - enhances natural beauty and hides minor flaws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM

1,638 posts, read 2,471,026 times
For work I wear a tinted moisturizer, NARS blush and mascara. Sometimes a bit of lipstick if I need a pick-me-up. I prefer to stay natural at work.

If I'm going out at night, I'll jazz up with some eyeliner and eyeshadow. I use Lancome Artliner for eyeliner and Kat Von D eyeshadows.

In general, I think natural is best. But I appreciate a good makeup artist!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,396,521 times
Nope, I hate wearing makeup.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,443,700 times
I love putting on makeup! Light makeup for daytime is a must for me: Light eye shadows (well blended!), tinted moisturizer to even out tone, muted/smudged liner, some mascara for length, a hint of blush on the apples of my cheeks, and light peach to clear lip gloss. At night--same thing but a little bolder with color and eyeliner.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 PM

2,391 posts, read 3,866,540 times
I tried a bit of makeup for the Xmas party I went to, but the tinted moisturizer didn't do a thing for me~!!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 AM

19,126 posts, read 25,789,079 times
I rarely wear makeup, but I've got a dinner date tonight with a guy who has never seen me in makeup and I think I'm gonna vamp it up a bit I'll be using light bb cream, wet n wild liquid eyeliner (super cheap and its the best liquid eyeliner I've ever used!) eyebrow pencil, physicians formula dark brown eyeshadow and just a tad bit of an emerald eyeliner under the eyes and Burts Bees tinted lip balm. Throw on a little black dress with patterned tights and some heeled booties and then Ill be done

I dont really like makeup, but it can be super fun to play with

Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
I love makeup (ex theatre kid), and think it's fun, but I find that I look best with a minimalist approach.

Typical for me is moisturizer, some translucent powder to even out skin tone as needed, mascara (I have blonde lashes), and a light lip color. If I'm going out for something special, I'll usually have a slightly more bold lip and line my eyes with a dark brown powder shadow and a fine brush, and smudge it a little for a non-intense, slightly smoky eye look. I have very pale green eyes and very fair skin, so a little bit of definition goes a long way.

I don't really like to buy expensive makeup, and keep it mostly to drug store brands (Revlon lip butters are my go-to tinted gloss right now), and old school Coty Airspun loose powder is probably my longest-lived staple and signature cosmetic. I instead splurge a little more on skin care products...starting with good skin means having to wear less makeup.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM

101 posts, read 188,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
You'd be surprised how many good looking guys have a tiny bit of make-up on. Tinted moisturizer to even out skin tone, a touch of concealer, eyeliner and mascara. Generally not all of the above but I'd say about 60% of the guys I know who care about fashion indulge in a little makeup. It does they exact same thing for men as it does for women - enhances natural beauty and hides minor flaws.
And these heterosexual guys arent celebrities, dont need to go on cam? Yes, I would be surprised.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 PM

2,391 posts, read 3,866,540 times
I've worn some makeup now for some recent events and it is time consuming~! I think I like only the tinted moisturizer out of all I got

Old 12-09-2012, 01:18 AM

11,427 posts, read 19,438,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I've worn some makeup now for some recent events and it is time consuming~! I think I like only the tinted moisturizer out of all I got
Funny -- in the previous post, you didn't like it. I have the same love hate relationship with new makeup.

There's a learning curve to applying makeup. And it's not like painting where you can wait for the paint to dry and slap on more or a different color, since you can't take it off and put it on and take it off and put it on without irritating your skin -- and then the cost of trying things and tossing them, if you can't take them back.

I enjoy wearing makeup, when what I wear WORKS. I've had to give up drug store stuff -- none of it works on me, except for Loreal mascara.... and I just bought a new one and I'm not happy with that ...not sure if it's just this one, or if they changed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty