U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:39 AM

2,391 posts, read 3,872,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Funny -- in the previous post, you didn't like it. I have the same love hate relationship with new makeup.
I didn't mean I didn't like wearing it but had issues like 30 years or so ago with it due to the foundation getting on my collars and etc. I spent $$$ and will use it on special occasions and needed to wear it to an Xmas party and wedding reception recently. It is just something I don't plan to wear everyday. Now that moisturizer that is tinted really works on me well and I will wear that daily. But the powder foundation, blush, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick is too much to wear daily as well as time consuming since I get everywhere the last minute or close to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 12:59 PM

11,439 posts, read 19,468,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I didn't mean I didn't like wearing it but had issues like 30 years or so ago with it due to the foundation getting on my collars and etc. I spent $$$ and will use it on special occasions and needed to wear it to an Xmas party and wedding reception recently. It is just something I don't plan to wear everyday. Now that moisturizer that is tinted really works on me well and I will wear that daily. But the powder foundation, blush, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick is too much to wear daily as well as time consuming since I get everywhere the last minute or close to it.
I like tinted moisturizer, too -- just makes me look finished. I add a touch of blush and mascara and I'm done -- and I love the Burt's Bees lip shimmers to finish me up. I set a time limit on myself -- I can shower, wash my hair, lotion up, do my face and hair, dress and be out the door in 20 minutes.

I've totally given up on foundation entirely. Don't even have it in the arsenal.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 PM

46 posts, read 56,180 times
It depends, I go for a natural look it is daytime, heavier eyes during night out. Most of the time I wear it light. I also like trying new brand and style. People would raised up their eyebrows but I like getting free make up samples. specifically at freakyfreddies. I do it to try the shade first on me before I'll buy it at store. Or if my skin is comfortable woth it. If it feels and look great then that is the only time I'll buy it -hmmm ... money savings still.

One thing I also do is when, I go heavy make up on the eye part, I have to go light on my lips and vice versa. That is what I always read on magazines and make up brochures.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,273,663 times
I am a full time student. I was attending a community college (for WAY too long) and it's funny but I noticed I didn't bother much with makeup (none at all really) or what I was wearing when I was attending the CC. As long as the clothes were clean, I'd put my hair in a ponytail and head to class.

Now, I have transferred to a four year university and for whatever reason I find myself taking a little more time and putting a bit more effort into what I am wearing, and including a bit of makeup into my routine again. Wonder why my attitude has shifted? I have noticed that most of the other students (all about 20 years younger than me by the way) don't seem to do more than the ponytail and flip flops thing I did before, so it's not like I am following the lead of others. Hmm.

Oh well anyway, these days I usually just do the tinted moisturizer (BB cream, I really love that stuff) because I get dry patches in the cooler months. I don't do "lipstick" as much as a lip stain over balm and then sometimes a little bit of eyeliner or a bit of color, just a hint, on my eyes.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM

4,244 posts, read 3,036,808 times
Natural in the daytime, just powder, bronzer, lipstick, and mascara.
For going out at night, more dramatic--add eyeliner and eyeshadow. Overall I don't use a lot.

I like Clinique and Neutrogena.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM

124 posts, read 233,687 times
I'm in the industry and Arbonne is my favorite. A lot of finding the look you love is often about technique and shading. For some, keeping the center of the face lighter is generally flattering. This is especially noticable on magazine covers.

Because I am generally a little older than most cover models, I usually modify the countour, shading, or highlighting in my make-up. Often, I'll use a light (not frosted) eye shadow and start on the forehead, above the eyebrow near the nose and go around to the temple to above the entire cheekbone, then back over above the cheekbone toward the temple and kind of outline the rest of my face near the hairline toward my jawline.

Depending on which side of the face I start, I am either making a "3", or the curvy part of a cursive captal letter "E", top to bottom. It's usually the last thing I do. Good golly, I hope I explained this correctly!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,277,847 times
I keep it quick and simple. Routine, under eye cream, BB cream mostly because it has the spf plus light coverage, mascara, lipstick, fill in eyebrow (sometimes I add liner). For evenings or special outings, I'll add eyeliner and eyeshadow. Haven't done blush since I was in my early 20's. In the past several years I never really worn much foundation except when going out on the town. I recently started wearing the bb cream for it's added benefits of sun protection and very likght coverage I, also, like the way it looks on my skin. I might look for a foundation with a little more coverage for evening wear, but for now, I stick with just the BB cream.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM

10,259 posts, read 14,115,008 times
Default Makeup

Did I miss something? what is BB cream?

My forever cosmetics, for price, consistent quality: everything Elizabeth Arden.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,277,847 times
Default BB Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Did I miss something? what is BB cream?

My forever cosmetics, for price, consistent quality: everything Elizabeth Arden.
BB stands for Beauty Balm. There are several versions, the one's sold in the US brands are generally knock off versions, not the real deal, but I didn't know that when I saw it in the store, I was just happy to find something to match my skin tone in a store in my area.

Not everyone likes them, and most are very light coverage, including the one I use. I just wanted to test the waters so am using the Maybelline Dream Freash BB Deep 8-in-1 has spf 30. It's more of a tinted mosturizer

some reading on different bb creams
Editors' Picks: The Best BB Creams

Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM

10,259 posts, read 14,115,008 times
Thank you TRosa, I'll have to look into some of these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty