U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 PM

2,391 posts, read 3,880,940 times

Advertisements

Do any of you ladies here wear makeup~? What brand do you use~? Do you like the natural look~? Or do you put it on heavy to get the wild look~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,597,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Do any of you ladies here wear makeup~? What brand do you use~? Do you like the natural look~? Or do you put it on heavy to get the wild look~?
Nope, natural! =)

Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM

4,004 posts, read 5,100,334 times
If I'm wearing it at night, I go wild.

During the day, I either don't wear it at all or just lightly.

People walk straight past me in the street when I don't have any on...I'm virtually unrecognisable.

As for brand - as good as I can afford, at the moment I'm in love with Elizabeth Arden compact foundation which is mid priced.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:34 PM

7,736 posts, read 14,000,417 times
makeup w***e here.

I wear anything from drugstore to pricier brands. I buy what I like.

As for how I wear it, depends on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. Heck, there are times where I wear full makeup (aka heavy) and I still go for a more natural look. I just look better than I would look 'naturally'.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 PM

I haven't worn makeup in perhaps 30 years. I'm going to a Christmas party and a friend of mine told me "I had to wear it". I quit wearing it cause it would end up on my inside of my collar-area, or if I rubbed my eye or put drops in for my contacts it would be a mess. Sometimes it itched me. There weren't many animal-free products at that time years ago. Anyways, I'm thinking maybe I should wear a bit

Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,993,231 times
Quote:
I haven't worn makeup in perhaps 30 years. I'm going to a Christmas party and a friend of mine told me "I had to wear it". I quit wearing it cause it would end up on my inside of my collar-area, or if I rubbed my eye or put drops in for my contacts it would be a mess. Sometimes it itched me. There weren't many animal-free products at that time years ago. Anyways, I'm thinking maybe I should wear a bit

Tell your friend to wear the stuff and go as you usually go, make up free. The last time I wore make up was a few years ago and I prefer to keep it that way no matter what the occassion.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,413,531 times
Quote:
I wear makeup, but that's my choice. I don't think you should ever have to wear makeup. That being said, I don't wear tons because I'm pale as can be and it starts to look heavy pretty quickly. Of course, if I'm going for bold, that's pretty easy too.

If people are not used to seeing you in make-up a little will go a long way. You want to look like yourself. I'd say probably get some tinted moisturizer, tinted lip balm and mascara if your eyelashes are not dark.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Tell your friend to wear the stuff and go as you usually go, make up free. The last time I wore make up was a few years ago and I prefer to keep it that way no matter what the occassion.
Since I went vegetarian like 30 something years ago, was another reason I quit wearing it. But nowadays, there is numerous of companies that make animal-free products. I plan to get some and wear it light. My friend is in her 60's and she wears it heavy or rather dark colors.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:55 PM

3,884 posts, read 4,593,636 times
Daily makeup for me: concealer, 2 shades of eyeshadow, brow liner, mascara, cream blush, lip liner and lipstick. However, all these products except for the mascara are picked because they are very close to my natural coloring, just slightly enhancing it or evening out skintones. Sometimes I go a little darker/brighter on the lips, depending on the look I want that day. However, most folks on an average would only notice the mascara. But if I don't wear any makeup, they ask if I'm coming down with something.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth98 View Post
I wear makeup, but that's my choice. I don't think you should ever have to wear makeup. That being said, I don't wear tons because I'm pale as can be and it starts to look heavy pretty quickly. Of course, if I'm going for bold, that's pretty easy too.

If people are not used to seeing you in make-up a little will go a long way. You want to look like yourself. I'd say probably get some tinted moisturizer, tinted lip balm and mascara if your eyelashes are not dark.
That's what I'm talking about...tinted moisturizer, and maybe a bit of powder foundation, blush, mascara and something for the lips. I looked at some tonight. I use to wear some of the products from "The Body Shop" way back when. I use the facial products from Origins now and they have some nice products too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty